Parenting after 35

So... iPhone

I'm getting one from Verizon.  I've waited for years for one and I'm not waiting any longer.  I sold some gold and we have our security deposit coming back from our former rented condo... and I'm going for it (since Verizon will have the unlimited data plan initially).

I'm SO excited! Pre-ordering starts on Thursday!

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!

Re: So... iPhone

• DH and I are going to get I Phones too.  We are super excited.  It has been a long wait with Verizon...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • So glad Verizon has the iphone now - you couldn't have paid me enough to go with AT&T. I have a Droid and have learned to love it but I wonder about the iphone - having my ipod on had always.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Peeper Summarized
  • Loading the player...
  • FWIW,  I love my iPhone. I have only had it since December. I have apps for kids, quilting, shopping, WW and games.  My newest app is Gamechanger which is a baseball/softball scorebook. Softball has started and I usually keep the books. I finally set up the iprint to print wirelessly.

Luckily, I was able to be grandfathered into an unlimited data plan since that is what I already had. 

Once you preorder, when will you get it? 

• I have no idea when I'd actually get it. LOL. And who even knows if I'll be able to preorder on Thursday--since they go on sale at 3 am EST.  I'm not waking up at 3 am to buy online.  So for all I know, it could take several weeks for me to get it.

I'm a Mac junkie.  DH has a Droid X.  I'd have gone for a Droid but I had a feeling the Verizon iPhone rumors were true and I'm glad I waited.  Even though it won't be 4G, I'm going for it.  While I know I should use every penny to pay down our debt, I'm splurging (have the cash from selling my gold) and I can't wait.

• You're going to love it...I always sneak away with dh's when he's at home....he told me to get my own, I have enough credit to get it for cheap from Bell, but I only got mine 18 months ago (eons in the tech world), and me being cheap says not until I go back to work from mat leave.

I hear iPhone and get excited:

I love the apps on it...wonder if I can wait till October....

• Awesome! I probably won't be getting one anytime soon Sad
  • Me too!!! You read my mind. I decided now that I'm working, it's time to splurge on an iPhone. DH thinks it's dumb but I'm graphic designer and I need to "look" the part, lol. It will go well with my iMac :)
    Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
  • I double PPH mine.  I just can't believe that I waited until last May to get it!  I needed it for my trip to France and every single app worked over there, including the map one.  Very useful when we got lost - hahaha.  I actually switched from Verizon (they pissed me off for the last time, after being with them since they bought over PrimeCo) to AT&T and to be honest, not a single complaint.  I was also thankfully grandfathered into that unlimited web access, PHEW!  and thank goodness, 'cuz I use it ALL THE TIME. 

Robyn, you will go crazy over this phone, it's such a cool phone.  I download all sorts of games for N and it keeps him busy especially when we're out eating and we're waiting a long time for food.  I also use the map app a lot, there's no need for navigation with that app. 

Hope you get yours sooner than later!  You definitely won't regret it.  :o)

image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a Verizon Blackberry.  I love my BB, I used to have an iPhone for work.  I can't decide if I want to switch to an iPhone or not - I like having a "regular" instead of touch screen keyboard.  If I do switch to an iPhone, I am going to wait until the iPhone 5 is released (which I've read should be summer this year).
  • I have Verizon too but I just can't kick my Crackberry habit!  I had an iphone years ago with AT&T and hated the touch screen, plus you drop it even once and it's done!  I love the trackball and physical keyboard and the durability of my BB and I can tolerate the marginal browser, so probably won't make the move to iphone anytime soon!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Just a tip. Get a good case. I have the Otter Box Defender and it is big but very protective. DS is obsessed with my phone and I figure better safe than sorry.
  • OK... so you all recommend the Otter Box Defender?

I just pre-ordered my iPhone and now I need to order the case.  I'm going to wait 30 days to order the Apple Care plan (no need to add the $69 RIGHT now).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"