North Carolina Babies
Options

New to NC-need help with finding good elem, middle and H.S. please!

My H works in Durham and we rent a home closer to Wake Forest.  I've visted greatschools.org since we are going to be purchasing a home when our lease is up this summer.  My H isn't happy with the commute but understands that its going to at least be the same when we move since my research has led me to Raleigh having really good schools. Then again, I know the school district is in upheaval and who is to say that our kids will go to the school that they would be zoned for now?!

As of right now, I'd prefer a public/charter/magnet school for the kids.  Any suggestions, either personal or on web sites, that you can direct me to? Thank you so much!

Re: New to NC-need help with finding good elem, middle and H.S. please!

• Options

If your DH works in Durham and you want to be in Wake Co schools, I'd look near Brier Creek. It's a nice area with good schools and the commute will be much shorter.

Good luck! 

• Options
    Thank you!  I'll have to check that area out!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Apex (27502) is pretty close to RTP.  Home prices are reasonable and the schools get good reviews! 

You should also look in Morrisville--good schools.  REALLY close to RTP.  Houses are more expensive, but nice.

• Options

imageMrsLee04:
    Chapel Hill-Carrboro schools are some of the best in the state....and the high schools are tops in the country.

This. Also, some of the schools in Durham are good too- particularly Jordan HS.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"