High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

MTHFR and birth control ?

I just found out that I have MTHFR (homozygous) and I am going to be starting the mini pill. I was doing a little googling and have read that you shouldn't take hormonal bc or that some say it is ok. I feel like I am getting a little conflicting information. So does anyone here with MTHFR take BC? If so what one are you taking?

TIA

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Dx MTHFR (C677T & A1298C, Compound Heterozygous)

Re: MTHFR and birth control ?

• Options
    I was on the pill for a long time before knowing that I had mthfr. I had no issues with clotting. I took the mini pill for awhile, after having dd and then got an iud. My hematologist just wanted me on a baby aspirin, but he has me on that, whether I'm on birth control or not.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My ob and MFM were both very strict -- no hormonal BC for me at all.
    m/c feb 07 ~ m/c twins oct 08 ~ Duncan Thomas: born to heaven 5/19/09 - m/c jan 11

My Blog

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My ob has also said no more hormonal bc for me either...I will probably get an IUD after this one is born.  I also have to follow the daily regimen of baby aspirin and folguard for the rest of my life too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagejesss1022:
    My ob has also said no more hormonal bc for me either...I will probably get an IUD after this one is born.  I also have to follow the daily regimen of baby aspirin and folguard for the rest of my life too!

I am taking the folguard but he didn't say anything about baby aspirin. Now I am wondering if I should take the pill. He said it was ok but now I am kinda worried.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Dx MTHFR (C677T & A1298C, Compound Heterozygous)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"