High-Risk Pregnancy

TTC after Pre-e.....

Hi Ladies, 

Dh and I had severe PP pre-e/hellp with DS1. We are now thinking of TTC baby #2. The doctors all gave us the go ahead that we can be managed. We will be high risk. We will have a peri as well as a regular OB. I feel that we are mentally in the best place that we are going to be. Of course, the unsettling worries of the unknown cause anxiety but I think that is normal after going thru something so traumatic. 

We are looking to TTC March/April. Just getting into the mind set of everything. You know what I mean?  

Do you have any advice going forward for TTC after Pre-e? Any advice or suggestions that helped you ladies would be greatly appreciated if you could pass them along.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: TTC after Pre-e.....

• I don't have any advice just wanted to say you are not alone. I had pre-e & was induced at 37 weeks. DD was born at 38. I know how you feel though. I'm also diabetic so it only ups my chances of pre-e again. I was lucky the 1st time because it didn't show up till much much later in my pregnancy. 

I can only wish you luck & tell you that we don't have control over such things. We have to just let go & let things be what they will.  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Yup, I agree with the PP. My OB put it best when he said well, if you want to have more children, there is no sense in worrying about it.

I had HELLP with DD and we also plan to TTC around April. Maybe we will be on the tri boards together :)

Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I had severe Pre-e with my DS and I am currently almost 19weeks prego with DD.  I am a little nervous about getting Pre-e again but what has helped keep my anxiety down about it, is having a great OB and MFM doctor who are all keeping a close eye on me.  I also monitor by BP once a day at home and take a baby asprin & extra calcium as prescribed by my OB to hopefully lessen my chances of it happening again.  We are only afraid of the unknown....educate yourself and make sure you and your doctors are doing everything you can.  Also know that if it happens again, the technology/medicine in the NICU is amazing and have faith that everything will be okay.  That's really all you can do.  Good luck! Pregnancy can be amazing and I'm hoping for a full term baby this time around. :)
  • I had pre-e and HELLP and had DS at 36 weeks.  We got pregnant WAY too quick after DS was born, but I am going to my OB, plus an MFM to help keep a close eye.  I also have MTHFR, and am on a regimen for that too, plus the pre-e! Having good docs keeping a close watch on you has been so nice! My pregnancy has been drastically different this time around from the get go, so here's hoping it stays normal and I can deliver a normal sized full term baby! GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"