High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

If you had an early GD test (before 20 weeks)...c'mon in

I'm having my one hour tomorrow (16w2d) due to my history of PCOS (my obgyn wanted to test me early).

Assuming I pass this test, will they repeat the test later in the PG? I figure that just because I don't have GD now, doesn't mean that I won't develop it later, right?

If you had an early GD test and passed, did you dr test you again later? If so, when?

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

Re: If you had an early GD test (before 20 weeks)...c'mon in

• Options

Yes Ma'am.

I was on metformin for insulin resistance prior to pregnancy and surprise! Guess I had PCOS too because the pregnancy fairy came for a visit.

They had me do a 1 hour glucose at 8 weeks (it took this long to realize the reason I was feeling so bad was pregnancy)

I am going for my 24 week 1 hour glucose Friday.

I passed the first one, I'm not so sure i'm going to pass this time. I've been having hypoglycemic episodes a couple of times a week. But I guess we'll find out soon enough :)

Anyway, good luck on your test! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    Yep they test again. I had mine done at 15 weeks and on Feb 4th I'm going in to have it done yet again. Even though I passed the first one. I guess it's always good to be extra sure, but drinking that drink is disgusting every time. =/
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Michael, Feb 28, 2004. m/c August 2004. Christian, born at 32 wks, June 13, 2005. Benjamin, December 10, 2006. m/c June 2010. BFP July 10. EDD - 5/3/11.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had one at 18weeks.  I failed, but was scheduled for another one at 28weeks if I did pass though.  Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yep.  With DD#1 I had an early test (PCOS and metformin) around 16 weeks and passed.  Then had another around 28 weeks.  With this pregnancy, I failed the first one and then also failed the 3 hour.  Not fun.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'll have my first one at 16w. I have PCOS as well and have been on metformin since July. I had my first appointment this week and my OB is leaving me on the met till 16w when I'll have a GD test, then again at 22w and 30w. Yippee! Best of luck to you!!
  • Options
    I took the one hour and failed at 19 weeks, but they were going to have me retake it at 24 weeks if I passed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Check out my blog ThreeHundredPages.com Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

thanks all!

I had the one hour this morning....fingers crossed!

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• Options
    I was tested early because of my age & weight.  Nice right. ;)  Anyway, they did tell me if I passed they would still perform the test again during the normal time period to be sure I didn't develop GD.  I failed the test though so they did not re-test me.  Good Luck!
  • Options

imagemamaL32:
    I was tested early because of my age & weight.  Nice right. ;)  Anyway, they did tell me if I passed they would still perform the test again during the normal time period to be sure I didn't develop GD.  I failed the test though so they did not re-test me.  Good Luck!

I was tested for GD at 14 weeks because of being overweight.  I failed the one hour.  Last weekend I had my 3 hour and also  failed it.  I have been testing my blood sugars today as well as watching how many carbs and sugars I'm taking in and havent been over 105.  So who knows.

You will have the test later in pregnancy (probably around 28 weeks).   It's been pretty easy so far, and I still have to go for my appointment with the doctor to explain everything. 

You will be fine!  Even if everything doesnt go as planned, you'll make it through!

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Options
    they had me do the one hour at 10 weeks this time b/c I became diabetic during delivery with DS. I was borderline with the one hour, so they had me do the 3 hour:( Thankfully I passed that, but I still have to go back and do it again.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"