Stay at Home Moms

XP Baby Food: Beaba vs Kalorik vs Brezza

Talk to me about what you do. This is my second child but I'm vowing to make all his food vs buying. I've done a lot of research but can't decide what I want to do. The Kalorik seems to hold more as far as the picture looks. But the other 2 have the rice and pasta attachment you can purchase, Or is it better to just get a steamer and food processor? Does the all in one work better for you? Or is there something else I am missing. Any and all info is welcomed! I'd love to hear what you guys do!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP Baby Food: Beaba vs Kalorik vs Brezza

• I just bought a steamer basket that fits in one of my pots and a small 3 cup food processor. It takes a little longer to puree if I want to do more than 3 cups worth, but works beautifully. I've been making her food for 5 months and have no complaints.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I just microwaved to steam when I made baby food and used this.  A handy chopper is good if you want to make individual baby food servings of what your already cooking and don't want to spend $100 on something you might only use for a couple of months.  My DS only ate baby food for maybe a month.  DD ate it much longer. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I steamed the veggies on the stove (or baked them in the oven, in some cases), and then pureed them in my blender.  That worked great, and I didn't have to buy any special equipment.

FWIW, I loved making my own baby food.  Not only for the nutritional and financial value (which everyone talks about), but also because it felt good to be able to cook for my child at such an early age.  But then, I like to cook, so it was awesome. :) 

• My pots and pans came with a steamer so I used that and a mini chopper.  I also baked/roasted a lot of fruit and vegetables in the oven.  To puree, I used my mini food processor.  To store in the freezer, I had silicone ice cube trays.  Once frozen, I popped them out and put them in ziploc bags.

If I were to have another kiddo, I might be tempted to get this as it's so cute!!

https://www.mybabybullet.com/index.php

• I use our steamer basket and our kitchen aid blender or food processer.  Way cheaper and it can be used for other things.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DD ate purees for 6mo. DS ate them for maybe 2mo. (DS went to table food quickly because all he wanted was to steal food from big sister)

No way does that justify a $100+ machine to make babyfood.

I used a magic bullet, but a regular blender, food processor, or immersion blender would work too. 

- Jena
  • The only special supplies I bought when making DD's baby food was ice cube trays w/ lids. My typical method was to put the fruit or veggie in a glass bowl, cover it with plastic wrap, and pop it in the microwave until the food was tender. Then I used my stick blender/ immersion blender (not sure the proper name- mine is a Cuisinart) and pureed everything right in the bowl. Then I could just pour the purees in the ice cube trays, add some soap and water in the bowl, run the immersion blender in the soapy water, and everything was clean! Way easy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am so glad that I didn't buy a special appliance. We are past puree's and I just steamed food in a pot and then used an immersion blender. Way easier than even the food processor and so little clean up. I strongly recommend the Cuisinart one. It was $29 at Sur La Table and is amazing! Plus I use it for other food and soups. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"