Adoption
Options

Scammed by birth mother!

We were told that the birth mother was going to be induced this Wed and had been planning to leave for our trip.  The lawyer called us this morning to tell us that she spoke to a social worker at the hospital and the mother had the baby last week!!! She continued to take money since then for expenses and I even spoke to her twice since the birth to make plans for this week.  What is wrong with this world!?!?!  How can someone be so evil.  We're utterly destroyed.

Re: Scammed by birth mother!

• Options
    I am so sorry!  I too wish I could understand why people do things like this.
  • Options

Oh, star!  I'm so sorry!  I can't imagine how hurt and angry you are right now, in addition to having all the feelings that go along with a typical failed match.

I know this is probably the last thing on your mind, but is there any way you can go after her to get the money back that she took after obviously changing her mind and while lying to you?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry.  Hugs...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm so sorry.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm so sorry!!! :(
  • Options
    That's terrible ! I'm so sorry you have to go through this :(
  • Options
    Oh, no!  I am so sorry for your loss and frustration.
    image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • Options
    That is awful!  I hope that you guys are able to get through the hurt and disappointment soon.
  • Options
    That's awful! I am so sorry!
    After 2years TTC and 1yr,2mo waiting for an adoption match, our blessing is here!

"You may not have my eyes or smile, but from that very first moment you had my heart"Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Surprise BFP made our family complete!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

Oh hon.  I'm so sorry.  

It is disgusting to think that some people can take advantage of others in such a painful way.  

I'm sorry for the heartbreak and loss.   

• Options

That is just awful. I am so, so sorry that happened to you.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Moved to Domestic Adoption 9/09 Matched 10/09 Sweet little Luke was born 12/9/09!
  • Options

I'm so sorry that happened to you. That is so awful and it is so sad and unfortunate there are people like that out there.

Thinking of you!

• Options

I'm so sorry that happened to you, I can't imagine the pain.

I would definitely be livid with the practices of the law firm and SW used, and while expenses before birth might be off limited for action - any funds provided to the BM AFTER birth should be refunded to you. 

• Options
    Oh no!  I'm so very sorry!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker<Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Options

I'm so sorry. I can't believe she continued to play you like that... how awful.  I wish there was something they could do to prevent this kind of thing.    Hang in there ((hugs))

• Options
    I am so sorry! That is horrific!!!!! I can't imagine. I am so sorry to hear this. :(
    Connor's mom....Our little monkey is 3....climbing and running and jumping his way to 4!
  • Options
    I am so sorry to hear this.
  • Options

so very sorry. how cruel. ((((HUGS)))

After 7 years of marriage and 5 unsuccessful IVFs, we have been granted the gift of adopting a baby boy, born 4/21/11.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry! I cannot imagine how anyone could be like that. It is just too cruel.
    Beginning Adoption Process July 2010 sarahssarcasm.blogspot.com Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Oh my word!  I am so, so sorry!  My thoughts and prayers are with you guys.  That is so awful that someone would do that and I hope you are able to recover those funds. 
  • Options
    I am so so sorry.
  • Options
    That makes me so upset!  I'm so sorry you have had to go through this and deal with all of it.  I don't understand how someone can do that either!
    TTC #1 since 12/07 SA 9/08=borderline normal HSG 1/09 found R tube blocked Multiple IUIs both with oral and injectible drugs from 2/09-2/11 Started domestic adoption process in 5/10, homestudy complete 9/10 Failed adoption after home with baby for 2 weeks 11/10 Blessed through the miracle of private adoption with a son, born 6/6/11 (his grandma's bday) 7lbs 9oz 20.5 inches long! So worth the wait!
  • Options
    That's awful.  Hopefully the agency/lawyer get a serious apology and make some amends to you guys.  
    Left, Right
  • Options
    I'm so, so sorry to hear this.  How awful!
  • Options

I am so sorry girl.  :(

And I agree with any pp...while anything pre-birth would be considered a donation of charity on your part, anything post-birth (which she was dishonest about) is FRAUD on her part and you are due that money back from the agency.

Big hugs to you.  (((HUGS)))

• Options
    I am soo sorry... i dont even know what to say.. i am so sad for you. i cant believe there are people like that in the world
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

TTC since 2005
    missed miscarriage nov 2006- 4 failed clomid cycles-
    3 failed femara iui cycles-
    moving on to IVF oct 2011
    ER nov. 7th
    tansfered 2 blasts on 11/10
    lots of +hpt!!
    beta #1 on 11/21= 50.4
    beta #2 on11/23= 90.8
    another miscarriage 12/23
    moving on to Round 2 of IVF with an auto immune dx
    ER 4/23-retrieved 12 eggs
    ET 4/28 3 transfered
    Beta #1- 356
    Beta #2- 870

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    That is horrible. I am so, so sorry!
    *Tef*
  • Options
    I am so so sorry
  • Options
    Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry. Hugs to you and your dh.
  • Options
    I don't even have the words to express how sorry I am.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"