May 2011 Moms
Options

First sewing project!

So I just finished my sewing project. Ruffles on the bottom of a plain onesie. I think it turned out pretty good. I may do one more like this and then I am going to make an attempt at bloomers....

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: First sewing project!

• Options
    Aw that's cute! I love the ruffled bloomers and the tutus too
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 BFP 03/26/13 IT'S A BOY! Please Be Our Rainbow! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Can I hire you?? So cute!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So jealous!  I looked at the directions online a couple of weeks ago and they read like Greek to me. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

It really wasn't hard at all. I am just not very patient with measuring everything out but it turned out pretty cute. I have to figure out somthing to do to the front of it so it is not so boring now.

• Options

LOVE!!

(I admit that not being able to apply rufflebutts and bloomers to my child is disappointing, but I try to see it as money-saving ;))

• Options
    Cute! Great job!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Congrats!

While sewing things yourself is no longer cost effective as it was when I was a kid (my mom made a large portion of my clothes in the early 70's to save money), it sure gives you a satisfying feeling of completing something. It also gives you some originality in your wardrobe :)

I am sewing a Miami Dolphins Fleece baby sack to match my husband's home made Miami Dolphins blanket so they can look identical on the sofa watching football games this season.

I'm not sure if it's the fabric cost being high or the cost of clothing going down that makes it inefficient now.

Either way, nice job :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    I don't know... this little onesie cost about 3.00 to make and they sell for 15 or more... I think that it was pretty cost efficient! You just have to know where to find fabric i guess.
  • Options

The sleep sacks you can find for under 3 bucks on sale... the material alone for the one i'm making is over 10.

I guess it depends on what can find on sale, fabric or clothing :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"