August 2011 Moms
Options

Should I stay Team Green with twins?

DH and I are totally different personalities and I have been strictly team green while he's wanted to find out gender... but since we found out we're having twins, the thought of finding out is a heck of a lot more tempting. We would argue about it before, but DH seems to have recognized defeat, so I can quietly decide to change my mind if I'd like.

Would you find out if you were having twins?

We compromised that we would find out if they were the same gender or not because although they suspect identical, there's still a chance they could be fraternal. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Should I stay Team Green with twins?

• Options

If you think you can prepare for both babies without knowing, then I would stay team green if that is what you really want.

Although, with me I think it would be really hard. I'm such a planner that I would want to know either way!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
    natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
    DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

• Options

Hm, it's funny because the other day (we are Team Green), I said to DH, "If we found out we were having twins, we'd find out the sexes right?" and he was like "No...what difference would that make?" LoL - I guess my mindset was  that having twins would be so mind boggling that knowing the genders would allow me to be even more prepared for their arrival, so I think I would end up finding out! It would just make me feel a little more "done and ready" and maybe less overwhelmed. Let us know what you decide in the end! 

BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I definitely would. That way I can prepare early and have the nursery, clothes, etc all completed because I know I will be exhausted once both babies arrive.

Plus-- people will buy you two sets of everything (gender specific) which is always fun. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I personally could NEVER be team green with one baby, let alone 2! If I were you I'd definitely find out. Big Smile

For me, finding out the sex really helps me "connect" with the baby, if that makes any sense.

• Options
    imageLJR 84:

I personally could NEVER be team green with one baby, let alone 2! If I were you I'd definitely find out. Big Smile

Same here!  

• Options
    Team Green!!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'd stay team green, but I'm a team green pusher:)
  • Options
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say team green!  That is just my personality though.  I live in a remote place where shopping of any kind is limited and expensive and I would still vote green.  Either way, it will be a surprise at some point and you've got to do what makes you feel prepared :)
  • Options

I'm team green, and nearly all of my close friends who've had babies recently have been team green.  With the exception of my BFF who had twins in November.  So I have said (b/c I've had the specific circumstances all around me) that if I were having twins, I would hands down, without a doubt, find out the sex of each baby.  Another friend who was adamently team green for each of her two baby girls said the same thing - twins = find out.

The difference for me is the possibility of a 3rd "option"...for one baby it's either a boy or a girl.  Only 2 options.  The not knowing is hard, but I am comforted by knowing it's one or the other...with twins though, the fact it could be girl-girl, boy-boy, or boy-girl just adds that one extra "could it be" and puts me over the edge and into the "must find out" camp.  

If you stay team green with twins though, you'll be somewhat of a personal hero to me, for whatever that's worth, haha :)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Because we are having 1 I am trying to convince DH to be team green. We had already agreed that if there were 2 we would be finding out. But because I am such a planner, I want to find out what we are having now, even though it is only 1. DH said it is up to me if we find out... he would be content either way.

I say do what your heart desires... if you want to find out now, use this as a surprise to your hubby to find out the gender. If you have already decided to find out if they are the same gender then you will know already if the answer is "no"

• Options

A personal hero.... wow! That's something to live up to :)

Obviously we'd know the genders if they say they're different, but it'd be worth it to me to know that because fraternal twins are typically a safer and healthier pregnancy than identicals.

Part of my reason is selfish for not finding out. We need so much "stuff" for the twins that I don't want to get a whole bunch of cute frilly dresses or handsome onesies with baseballs at our shower. I'm hoping for the practical and maybe not knowing gender will force them into some practical items?

The other reason is that I was considered a high risk pregnancy before we knew about the twins, so with all the negative things to think about, gender is one thing that you can't go wrong with... although two girls would be delightful ;)

• Options

if it were me, no way i could. we can't even decide on 1 boy name, let alone 2. i'm such a planner there is no way i could handle not knowing.

that being said i think it would be really exciting to find out after giving birth. so if you guys can handle it, go for it!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I'm not the best person to ask because we were going to find out with one baby. When we discovered it was two, the wait is driving us near lunacy. I have to find out everything anyway, and I think this will help me plan better, especially since they are fraternal and could very well be boy/girl. However, you do what you guys want to do. :)
  • Options
    We're having twins and that was surprise enough! Honestly, people buy you all the practical stuff if you know the gender, I'm not sure how knowing or not knowing the gender effects that. If anything they get you gender neutral clothes that you might not use because once the babies are born(and particularly for girls) most people then have to run out and get gender specific clothes. And if they are fraternal and you don't want to know they won't tell you if they are different sexes.
  • Options

I'd first want to know if they were identical or fraternal. That might sway my choice.

I am hugely on the team green bandwagon, but I understand the "ease" of finding out and being about to prepare.  

I am an identical twin and my parents didn't know that they were having a girl, let alone two girls.  My mom has always said that the surprise was unreal, surreal, and flat out amazing. She was unprepared...hence, my name was just something they thought of last minute to "match" my sister's, since I was unexpected, but it's a good story that my parents love to tell.

Completely your choice, but a surprise could be funBig Smile

imageimage

BFP #1 EDD 08/07/11 DS born 07/27/11 Welcome Mr. Smiley!
    BFP #2 05/28/12 EDD 02/03/13 Natural M/C 07/14/12 10w6d
    BFP #3 10/02/12 EDD 06/11/13 Please stick baby! Stick!

Sunshine_zps3fcf529f Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I am new here, infact this is my first post. But I too, am pregnant with twins (due 9/2-but they will be here August, so if its okay I want to join this board)

I would LOVE to stay team green. I really really didnt want to find out when we thought we were only having one bambino, but now that we are expecting 2 I am a little on the fence. It would be nice to know, so we can plan things accordingly, pink car seats, etc. I have a super huge gut feeling that they are boy/girl but who knows!

So here we are, still on team green, i figure if i do change my mind, we have a million u/s to do it, but once we find out we cant change our mind :)

• Options
    i don't think knowing the gender helps you prepare too much more because there are lots of gender neutral nurseries, clothes, etc. so try not to be persuaded byt hat argument alone. 
    imageimage
  • Options
    Must....find .....out..........NOW!!! hee hee j/k, but really there is no way in hades that I could wait to find out especially with twins!!!  Plus being on the other side of the fence, as a gift giver to many pregnant friends, it is NO fun at all buying only gender neutral clothes, and especially for twins!  So I say FIND OUT, but, they are your babies, and it IS your decision!
    PhotobucketPhotobucket Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker
  • Options
    when I found out I was pregnant, I didn't want to know the sex but my husband did...we found out we are having twins a week ago and now I CANNOT WAIT to find out what they are! having twins definitely changed my mind, so much more to plan!

• Options

I'd find out, but I'm nosey and in the camp that it is still a suprise at 20 weeks :)

Also if you do end up finding out, you could keep it a secret and announce it at your shower so people dont end up buying you a bunch of gender spec. clothes.

Mommy's little helper :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am team green...but with twins it changes the dynamic...I would need to know...  I do like the idea of  finding the gender out and keeping it secret until you announce it at the baby shower... what ever you decide.. it will be perfect...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers/Users/udeozo/Desktop/MS30.jpg
  • Options
    Go green!!  I just think of the delivery room and the surprise when the baby's sex is announced.  This is just my opinion.
  • Options
    A lot of credit to you guys if you can do it, but for me, I would want to know so I could plan ahead. Totally up to you guys though!
  • Options

imageHunter22:
    We're having twins and that was surprise enough!

Same here! With mine I'm having a CVS this week so I'll find out the genders in 2 weeks, earlier even then an ultrasound but I can't wait to find out so I can really plan. The nursery is green and the bedding is colorful and the same, but I want to be able to do things gender specific with the bouncy seat and high chairs etc, so they can be their "own person" and not have exactly the same stuff if it's a boy/girl mix. 

• Options
    Same gender or not sounds really fair...I'd stick with team green on specifics though!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"