Baby Showers
Options

Co-Worker shower

So a co-worker wants to throw me a work pot luck/shower. Her question to me was if she should invite everyone, male and female, in the office or just. I dont know how to answer that. Any ideas?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Co-Worker shower

• Options
    is this during work hrs?  If I were the host, I would send a casual email invite to your department regardless of gender.  If the shower is outside of work hours, I would limit the handwritten invites to those you would welcome.
  • Options
    It will be within work hours and its just gonna be an email invite. So she is fine inviting everyone right? She is going to make it more of a "Congrats/ Pot luck" not a "shower."  I dont want ppl to feel like they have to get a gift.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

What is standard at your office? Dept or company wide?  I think that is the question you should be asking yourself, because what is done at my office or someone else's may not be standard or acceptable for yours, KWIM?

At my office we do a company wide email inviting everyone.  Usually 20-30 people show up out of 85 on staff.  They are always done during work hours.

TTC since 8/2004
    Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
    DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
    DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am the first preg one since i have been here and thats 2 years. So I dont know about the policies.
  • Options
    Email to everyone regardless of gender is great.  And since it's potluck and people already have to bring food, emphasizing the "congrats" rather than "shower" is good so they don't feel like they also have to bring a gift. 
  • Options

An email gets sent to everyone in the department (around 100 people). Usually about 20-30 show up. I usually just go to the ones where I know the person well enough to want to spend $30 on a gift.

• Options
    Our office just sends out invites to everyone. But mostly women show up. We hardly ever have a man show up to a work-shower unless it's to get a plate of food.
    Married 5/31/08 * TTC#1 9/09 - 2/11
    after anovulatory diagnosis and TTC for 1 1/2yrs with several medicated cycles and one chemical pregnancy, we have our first bundle of joy!
    IT'S A GIRL!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    #2 EDD 2/5/13 dx with anti-BIG E antibody, seeing a MFM
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    VOTE on my Name List
    I don't take one single minute for granted.
  • Options

It may not hurt to ask management to be on the safe side. They may have issues with excluding people due to gender. And like others have said, many of the men probably won't show up anyway.

Pretty much everyone shows up for ours because there is always food. The mother-to-be's department is the host. So those employees chip in for food and decorations but no one else does.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagejiffy-pop:
    Our office just sends out invites to everyone. But mostly women show up. We hardly ever have a man show up to a work-shower unless it's to get a plate of food.

Quite a few men come to ours...but we also throw showers for dads to be....so I guess they feel a bit obligated!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"