Cincinnati Babies
Options

CDing

I'm kinda making myself sick by seeing all of the disposables that DS is going through when they are just a little dirty.  He has the habit of still pooping on a clean diaper as I am changing him. 

Anyways, what advice do you have for a late starter for CDing?  I'm pretty sure the sitter won't go along with it, which is fine, but DS is home with me until April and then the whole summer so I'd like to implement CDing at home.

Help!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: CDing

• Options

We started CDing at 10 months old.  I did it for many reasons, the main one being a long standing diaper rash that would not go away.  She got a staph infection in the rash, and it was a mess no matter what brand of diaper or cream we used.  I also did it for eco reasons, and to save money.  I was careful not to get crazy over buying diapers.  It is easy to get sucked into the cuteness of them.  I bought and sold several diapers until I found what I loved, then invested in a stash of those.  I found something that worked for us, all trial and error, and we are still using them.  Our old sitter did allow us to CD her there.  You might ask to see.  We did full time CDing until she went to day care at 2.  We still CD at home, but now she wants pull ups like the kids at school have.  So I have not invested in cloth pull ups.  We do have training pants that are cotton, and panties that we will be doing very soon.

My advice is to try a diaper trial like the one at Jilliansdrawers.com  You will only be out the $10 if you return everything.  You will, most likely, be surprised by how easy they are, and will find a few in the stash that you love.  Only buy a few more of what you like.  Give them a trial for a week or so, then decide how many you need.  The older they are, the less you need.  We use a different diaper for night time, but needed less of those since we only use one night diaper per day, and wash every 3 days. 

I can give you lots of advice on diaper pails, wet bags, traveling, washing, stripping and etc.  Just let me know what you need specific info about.  

I think you will be hooked if you try them out.  They are so much easier than you would think they are.  My DD loves the CDs, and will ask for her "fluffy booty" when she gets home from her school.  No regrets here.  I have saved 2-3 times what I spent on the CDs.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

I started CDing when Leah was 1. We still CD at night. We started with the Jillian's Drawers trial pack and I can't recommend it enough. It let me know what kind of diaper I prefer. I totally would have thought I'd love some kinds that I ended up hating, and so on. We use BG 3.0s and have never had any kind of problem with them-- no staining, no tearing/ripping, just normal wear and tear. We've had our set for about a year and a half and I wash them once a week. So I've gotten my money's worth, especially because I bought half my stash used, but in great condition.

I highly recommend CDing and will definitely CD our next baby. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I third the Jillian's trial pack! It's never too late to start CDing.
    Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • Options
    Go for it!!  Everyone seems to be very happy with making the jump to CDing.  It is a lot of info to take in at first but don't let yourself get overwhelmed.  I always recommend this site for info, etc.  https://www.nellsnaturalbaby.com/Cloth-Guide_ep_39-1.html  It is one of the better guides I've found.  Nells also has a trial pack that is a little different than Jillians but never-the-less another option.  We are on our 3rd CD'd baby.  The options are better and better.  Right now you can save some $$ with picking up some of the BG 3.0s as they have discontinued all the sizes but XS.  May help to build your initial stash.  Good Luck 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"