Stay at Home Moms
Options

Anyone recommend a vacuum and mop for hardwood floors?

I have a Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Vacuum. It's great for carpet but does terrible on hardwood floor. We have a swifer mop  that we use but we have to sweep to get the dog hair, then vacuum the tiny pieces left, and then mop. It's quite the process. 

The vacuum will vacuum crumbs and dust, but not hair or larger pieces of dirt. It just blows them out behind it. So not helpful!

What have you all found that works? 

DSC_0213 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Anyone recommend a vacuum and mop for hardwood floors?

• Options
    I think I have this vacuum, too.  I have it set on "bare floors" all the time and it does a good job for us on our hardwood floors.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My cousin just recommended the Shark Vac & Steam.  I haven't used it yet, but she is very particular so I trust her recommendation and will be buying one this week.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married 12/8/07 | Sleeve Gastrectomy 10/19/09
    BFP#1 DD born 3/9/11 | BFP#4 DD born 9/20/13
    BFP#2 6/21/12, M/C at 5w2d | BFP#3 11/27/12, M/C at 6w6d
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We were told not to use a vacuum on hard wood as it would scratch it?
  • Options
    We have a cordless ergorapido by electrolux (sp?)  It works great for dog hair and dust bunnies but it is horrible on carpet...the nice part is it's cordless and has a piece that pops out for hard to reach places.  I think it's retails for $100 but my mom works at Lowes so she was able to get it for me for $60...sometimes they are on sale on their website too.  I love it on our hard wood and tile floors! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageCutieBean79:
    My cousin just recommended the Shark Vac & Steam.  I haven't used it yet, but she is very particular so I trust her recommendation and will be buying one this week.

I just bought this, and I love it- EXCEPT- for the fact that it is super loud. I don't like to use it with my son in the same room for fear that it will hurt his ears or scare him to death. But it does a great job at getting all of my German Shepherd's hair up.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

EDIT:

I have the vacuum set on bare floors and it just doesn't do it. We don't have real hardwood floors, we have laminate. 

DSC_0213 

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"