Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Duplos/Legos

DH has been pushing DD to play with Duplos since he had a Lego obsession as a kid.  DD loves pulling them apart but tonight was the first time she sucessfully put two or more together.  She's been sitting on the floor next to be for a good 20 minutes working on this new skill. It's hilarious to watch her try so hard and grunt when she can't get it.

Does your LO play with Legos/Duplos and if so what age did they really start enjoying playing with them? And how many do you have?  Our box came with like 70 but I think we only have maybe 20-25 duplos left, the rest are scattered around the house!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Duplos/Legos

• Options
    We have Mega Blocks & Bean prefers to chew on them.  We keep all of his blocks (wooden & the megablocks) in his room, so they don't get strewn around the house.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We bought DS mega blocks for his first Christmas, so he was 9 months old. He has always liked to pay with them, but it's been in the past month or so that he has REALLY gotten into them. He loves building towers as high as he can!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    hum. i'd say right at 2 yo my lo was really interested in playing with the duplo blocks. 
    song of the week - 2.6.11
    un, deux, trois, cinq
    smoke me a kipper. i'll be back for breakfast.
  • Options
    DS plays with his Duplos everyday- he can only take them apart right now, can't put them back together. But he loves the people/animals that come in the sets. He has every Duplo set out on the market right now (his uncle is a Lego addict and buys him tons). We keep them all in a bin and I pick them up every night.
  • Options
    My mom got him the Megablocks table for his first birthday. He's been able to put them together for maybe a month now. He loves them. I like the table because they tend to stay on or around it.
  • Options
    DS loves Duplos and he started building when we got them at like 22 or 23 months.  We almost chose this as his 2nd bday party theme :)  Before Duplos he enjoyed the Mega Blocks, too.  Our box came with 72 and I've definitely been noticing we have less and less each time we play with them.
  • Options

imageteeah22:
    My mom got him the Megablocks table for his first birthday. He's been able to put them together for maybe a month now. He loves them. I like the table because they tend to stay on or around it.

Yeah DH really wants to get a Lego table for her when she's old enough. The problem is that they seem so expensive and it would be one more spacer-taker-upper in our living room! Maybe I could see this for the summer b/c then we could keep it in the garage or something and put it in the backyard to play...hmm the brainstorming :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DS has liked them since we gave them to him at christmas.  I have a huge tote full of themI bough it at a garage sale with a little play table for $20 when DS was tinny.  There must me 100's of blocks it's large tote.
    Me DOR amh .64 ng/mL  
    DH Brain Cancer
    BFP #1 12/11/08 DS born 8/23/09
    BFP#2 10/13/11 DC 11/4/11
    BFP#3 12/6/13 Lost 12/29/13
    Told IVF is the only option and have not found a clinic that will take me.

• Options

B loves his Mega Blocks. We got him a big bag for his first Christmas, at six months, and he mainly gnawed on them while DH and I built stuff. Now he builds (and tears down) little towers and such all the time with us. We bought him another huge box this past Christmas, so he probably has about 300 blocks, the two sets we got and a construction/truck set he got for his birthday. We use them to work on colors while we play as well. I'm sure a ton of them are under the couches, but overall we try to keep them fairly contained (in the big tub they came in) so we don't lose too many. 

I know we'll be introducing actual Legos as soon as they're age-appropriate (which is another couple years at least) because DH and I both loved them as kids. Hell, we'd probably play with them now if it was more socially acceptable - and obviously if it were safe to have them around B. 

Contemplating the snow.
    Mes Petit Choux
    imageimageimage
    I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then. ~ Alice

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Cedric has some Duplo blocks, but still mainly plays with the Mega Bloks right now.  I'm sure he will be into them before too long!  He loves blocks a lot:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"