2nd Trimester
Options

Brag about your husband/SO!

My husband called in sick today with a sinus infection and he's been pretty miserable (and restless) the last couple of days. I came home from work to find our travel system all put together and sitting in front of the door for me to see! I was so surprised! It was a great surprise especially since it's a Monday. :)

Brag about your husband/SO. What's something he's done lately that may or may not have been a surprise, but lets you know he's excited too?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Brag about your husband/SO!

• Options

We went to the mall this weekend because I really wanted to get some maternity clothing. I told my husband I would be happy to shop on my own and he could go run off wherever he wanted to.. then we could meet up.

He insisted on staying and picking out clothing with me. He even asked the saleswoman a few questions about how the clothing would fit as my belly grew. I kept trying to tell him he could really go on to stores he was interested in, but he stayed with me the whole time!

After we left the store, he wouldn't let me carry the bag. He carried around a "Motherhood Maternity" bag around the mall all afternoon. He also took pictures of me with the bag, and posted about our shopping trip online. It was very sweet, I totally didn't think he would be interested!

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options

Aww, that's sweet.  DH assembled our travel system by himself the other day too, and it makes me so excited to see it all ready for LO!  

This isn't really a brag, but I love it when DH reaches over and puts his hand on my stomach to feel baby kick without me excitedly asking him to feel her.  He smiles every time she kicks or rolls (which is quite often these days), and it lets me know that he's excited for her to come too! 

Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    left his wrestling tournament early (as asst. coach) because I was having a crying, panic, depression attack (with 3 y/o DS)
  • Options
    cooks and cleans for me on his days off! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Surprised me with a trip to Vegas at the end of the week as our "babymoon"!

Completly out of the blue and unexpected!

Love those moments!

--lilah dorothy-- may.16.2011
  • Options

Mine makes my lunch and snacks every morning, so I can sleep in a little bit later.

We normally work 4pm-midnight, and he STILL got up and made it all for me on Friday when he had to be in at 9am.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

And Then There Were Three...
    Married: 08/14/10
    Baby #1 Born: 06/18/11
    June Moms Blog
  • Options
    DH knows I have been really tired and running ragged with our 3 year old between doc appts, playdate, and having a 3 year old LOL. He has been working ALOT of overtime and comes home and cleans what I havn't gotten too. He also lets me sleep in on the weekend and gets up with DS! I couldn't ask for a better man.
  • Options

my husband is deployed but everytime we talk he asks how i've been feeling and how the baby is doing :) it makes me feel great that hes trying his hardest to still be involved as much as possible even though he is so far away!

• Options
    I get back rubs pretty regularly, he brought home cookies from subway today, every friday I get krispy kream do-nuts (his boss brings them for customers and I get the left overs lol), he cleans up the kitchen after I cook, calls randomly through out the day to check on me (esp if he knows I've been having a bad day), pokes my big belly and talks to LO
  • Options
    He tells me I'm the cutest pregnant girl in the world, which is really nice to hear since all my clothes are fitting snugger by the day Smile
  • Options
    DH has really stepped up (for the most part) since knocking me up, lol. He suggested and followed through with us re-doing our spare room/nursery, I've wanted to do it for 4 years now because it's my client room for nail clients. He came up with the idea to build new indoor dog kennels for our dogs, another project I've wanted to do for a looong time but he didn't 'feel' like it. And when he goes away for work for 3+ days (he works away lots) he tries to make me a meal or two that I can pick at throughout the week. Things like stew, meatloaf, mashed potatoes, roasts etc. He has also been doing laundry and dishes more since he and I had a big fight about it (he said I was being lazy) which resulted in me cleaning the whole house, all the dishes, and all the laundry. Now he's making a big effort to clean and stay on top of everything he dirties because it's always done when he gets home.
  • Options
    imagesherylallison:

my husband is deployed but everytime we talk he asks how i've been feeling and how the baby is doing :) it makes me feel great that hes trying his hardest to still be involved as much as possible even though he is so far away!

Mine is too - I love how his eyes light up when we're video-chatting and I mention the baby moving.  Just that sparkle in his eyes makes my entire week :)

• Options

imageaazivec:
    He tells me I'm the cutest pregnant girl in the world, which is really nice to hear since all my clothes are fitting snugger by the day Smile

Mine says things like that, too. And now that I'm showing, he kisses my belly pretty much every opportunity he gets!

And Then There Were Three...
    Married: 08/14/10
    Baby #1 Born: 06/18/11
    June Moms Blog
  • Options
    DH does everything he can around the house, won't let me carry anything, goes to all our doctors visits together and tries taking care of me any way possible. I love seeing how excited he is to meet our girls and be a daddy.
  • Options

My DH has been great through this pregnancy! He helps me in and out of the truck, puts together all the baby things we get, and rubs my back every single night. He helps me shave my legs when my back is really hurting me, since I have a bad spinal condition. He's been great about getting off work to go to the doctor's appointments. That in itself is hard enough for him, since getting off base can take forever.

We're getting freezing rain now and a nasty blizzard is coming tomorrow. So, tonight he took me out to dinner and then to the store. He held my hand and walked me over the slick spots so I wouldn't fall. It's the simple kind gestures that he does all the time that remind me why I love him so much! I love it when he thinks I'm asleep and he puts his hand on my stomach to feel the baby move around. This pregnancy just makes me love my husband even more! Big Smile

Lilypie - (MLGF)Lilypie - (yERV)
      Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

My husband doesn't care if I don't clean my part of the house. He makes me breakfast, lunch, and dinner when he can. When he gets home he will pull me into a hug and as we are hugging his hand will touch my belly in a loving gesture. Also in the middle of the night he will think I am sound asleep and roll over and put his hand to my stomach just to feel our little girl.

Since I have horrible balence before I was pregnant and now it's worse. We just gotten ice and he was terrified of me walking to school while he was at work. He had me call him when I left to go to school, when I got to my first class, when I got to my second class, when I left school, and when I got home. It made me realize how much he cares for our safety.

Mom of 3 (Ginny 4 yrs old), (Miles 2 yrs old), and (Mason due June 15th) 
  • Options

DH tells me on a daily basis that I have never looked so beautiful.. he says I am glowing.. He braved the snow/ice the other night to get some cereal.. baby really wanted it ;) He encourages me to do things that make me feel good.. hair cut/color, mani, pedi, shopping, etc. 

The best thing he does.. he puts up with my random irrational fight picking comments and just lets them roll off his back.. gotta love him. 

Married: 3/01/08
    Baby Girl: 7/29/11
    Angel Baby: M/C 7/15/14 at 7wk
    BFP: 8/23/14 - Due 4/28/15  - It's a BOY!
  • Options

imagerab41380:
    cooks and cleans for me on his days off! 

This and he talks to his baby about how crazy I am but that she is going to love me because I am so funny! He is just overall AMAZING!!!!

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My DH (as of Friday!) made me a candle-lit spaghetti dinner last night complete with a radio channel of classical guitar. After a really long, hard day at work, it was perfect and wonderful and pretty much the best date ever :)
  • Options
    It isn't anything cute or romantic, but he has worked 6 of his last 7 days off just so we can have a little extra $$ towards the baby.  He is exhausted and stressed out, but hasn't complained (esp. when he sees that I've been home so much due to snow days)!
  • Options

My hubby has to get up at 4:30am to get ready to leave for work by 5:30 and then doesn't get home until 8. Our DS has been having sleeping issues that have him waking up ready to play at 2am! He gets up and helps him every night and really tries not to bother me while doing it.

I've also been having a lot of contractions lately and my doc has said to take it easy...(take naps, no lifting, drink lots of water, put my feet up when possible, ect.) My hubby offered to babysit our niece on his days off because it would be too much for me to handle, makes sure that I get a bubble bath every night, gives me back and foot massages without me even asking, and does the laundry on his days off too.

I definately married a keeper! :)

• Options
    My family's flight from Chicago to Philly got cancelled last night, and we caught the only flight to the East Coast, to Baltimore. He bundled our daughter in the car and drove 2 hours to pick us up at the airport at midnight, and then drove half of the way home! We all got in at 3 am and he still got up at 6 to go to work.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
    221_-6_Little Charlotte is.png" alt="baby" border="0" />
  • Options
    I know my hubby's excited because he takes his camera to all of our prenatal appointments because he is going to make a book for the baby to look back on and see our pregnancy journey. He takes pictures of my weight, me getting my pressure checked, the doctor writing notes, lol! I act like it's annoying and embarrasing for me (and sometimes it is) but I really think it's so sweet and adorable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"