2nd Trimester

Really Swollen Feet?

Hi... I'm just about 25 weeks, and my feet and ankles are SUPER swollen.

My doctor told me it could be water retention, salt, standing on my feet all day or a combination of all. I'm a Kindergarten teacher, so I'm pretty much standing all day. I haven't really been eating too much salt, but my feet the past couple days have really gotten swollen.

I know the solutions people give are usually just drink more water and elevate your feet. I guess my question is, is anyone else having this problem SO early!? I always thought this happened later. I feel so awkward with such big feet. Embarrassed

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Really Swollen Feet?

• you have to elevate your feet above your heart/head.  anything else is just a waste of time.

I taught during pregnancy1 and you will try to have to force yourself to stop walking around as much.  Also, sodas can make you swell.....the carbonation and the caffeine. 

• Not to freak you out.....but that was my 1st clue for Pre-e when I pregnant with my 1st.....Please keep an eye on your blood pressure.  Otherwise, get as much rest as you can with your feet up high.  Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm having a lot of swelling as well at about 25 weeks.  I'm a barista and a teacher, so I'm constantly on my feet.  I find that anytime I can elevate my feet it seems to help.  I also pretty much live in my recliner when I'm home. I recently have ordered some compression socks because I've heard they can help, so we'll see what happens when they come in.

I don't necessarily think it is "SO early" as you might think -- it seems a lot of people have been asking if swelling is supposed to start by weeks 21-25 lately. 

If you are swelling then it is something to watch for, but don't really worry about it being "normal" or not -- you either are or not and have to deal with it as it comes.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hello I am visiting from 1st tri I will move on over next week, but I just wanted to say that today I was on my feet more than I ever am and when I took my shoes off my ankles were swollen so much and I have tiny feet so it was super noticeable. Don't be worried about it being early everyone is different and get symptoms at all different times. 
  • Edema is more common in 3rd trimester which you're nearing soon. I noticed at 26w my feet started being more swollen daily. Try to limit your salt intake too besides the elevating of your feet and drinking water.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I haven't noticed the swolleness in my feet but the inside of my ankle has this purpleish mark on it.  I'm seeing the doc Feb 9th and asking what that's all about.  It doesn't look like varicose veins but I'm still worried.  I am an art teacher so I am on my feet all day!  Embarrassed
  • Thank you for all of your advice! Much appreciated. Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"