Pregnant after IF

Annoying appt today with the midwife

I just have to vent - so sorry in advance!!

Today I had my 36/37 week appointment.  I always leave right after school and get there a few minutes early.  Today they were giving me the Group B Strep test, so I thought they would just check for any progress while they were "down there."  The nurse had me come in, strip from the waist down, and wait for the midwife.  I seriously sat there on the table for 15=20 minutes waiting on her.  I'm used to waiting a little while, but it seemed like an eternity sitting there naked, hot, and only a little square piece of paper to cover with (which, by the way, no longer completely covers I've found out).

Anyways, she finally comes in.  She has me lay down, and barely gets the measurement and heartbeat.  She told me I was measuring "good" and the heartbeat was in the 130s.  The doppler was turned way down, too.  She did the test and I asked her to check for progress.  Apparently my cervix is still way up in there and the only progress is that it was soft.  She rushed out of there as quick as she could.  After I got dressed, they wanted to check my hemoglobin, and sure enough, there she goes out the door ready to go home.

I know I'm hormonal and uncomfortable, but I just left the office ticked off.  I got to the appointment early and I was still rushed out of the door.  I really don't feel like I know anything more than I did when I got there.  I was hoping for a little guidance or something for what to expect in the coming weeks.  And I know it was a little much to hope for more progress, especially with 3 and half weeks to go, but I was really hoping for something.  I'm so tired of teaching right now, my sub plans are ready to go, and I'm literally just waiting!!  You'd think after IF I'd have learned some patience, but I'm just awful.

Sorry for the vent...if you made it through all of that, you totally deserve a cookie.  Hopefully my guilty pleasure, The Bachelor, will cheer me up :)

Little Brother is on his way!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Annoying appt today with the midwife

• Don't apologize. I'd be super frustrated too!

Eat a cookie and enjoy your show :)  GL on the last few weeks. So exciting!!

Our 1st IVF miracle, Briggs Sterling, born via c-section due to IUGR and footling breech. 6.5.11. 5:51am. 5lbs 1.5oz.

The Sunny Side of Life Blog Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'd be annoyed too! I'm sorry :( hang in there - you're doing a great job!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I would have been totally frustrated! I am pretty anxious about what to do when I do go into labor and what to look for to even recognize the signs. The doctor took a while to talk to us about what to expect, and I still left anxious ;) I am so sorry your midwife rushed through your appointment. That totally sucks.

(((((hugs))))) 

Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"