Baby Names
Options

Thoughts on our top two names

Maxwell or Miles. Which do you prefer and why? Thanks in advance.

Re: Thoughts on our top two names

• Options
    miles definitely. i've never been a fan of maxwell even though max is kinda cute.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Miles.  I know too many people who have dogs named Max and with a son named Maxwell, the NN Max is inevitable I think
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Both are great. I think I like Maxwell a little more.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Options
    I like Miles. Max is the new Jack. Among my yuppie, bicoastal, Ivy League friends, every other new baby boy is a Max.
  • Options
    I love Miles!! Maxwell is nice too-- but I think it is definitely a more common name these days (or at least Max is).
  • Options
    Miles, I know too many boys under 6 and dogs named Max!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Miles for sure. A great name.

There are so many little boys names Max these days.

TTC #2
    BFP 3/28/16 (EDD 12/9/16) * Chemical pregnancy
    ME: 40 yrs.old
    DH: 41 yrs.old
    DD: 5 yrs.

• Options
    Maxwell.  I've never really liked the name Miles.
  • Options
    Miles. I like it better and Maxwell reminds me of the singer.

bfp 1 - m/c 1.31.11 @ 10 weeks

bfp 2 - baby born via c-section on 5.4.12 @ 37 weeks

bfp 3 - blighted ovum/d&c on 4.13.13 @ 8 weeks

bfp 4 - 3rd IUI, very late BFN with super low P, c/p

bfp 5 - natural bfp while on lupron, baby born via RCS on 4.27.15 @ 39 weeks

bfp 6 - surprise! baby born via RCS on 11.13.16 @ 38 weeks

• Options
    Maxwell. Miles isn`t my style.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I like Maxwell, but that's because that's one of our two top name choices.  Where I live it's not popular at all.  I don't dislike Miles, but I just like Maxwell better.
    Baby #3 is on the way!! BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Miles! Maxwell is a decent name, but I think Miles sounds more sophisticated and handsome.

Whenever I hear "Maxwell", I think of the Geico commercial about the little piggy that went wee wee wee all the way home.

• Options

They're both good names, but I think Miles is a little less common and that makes me like it more.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Miles just because I don't think it is as common as Max. I like both names though.
  • Options

When I was a teenager, my boss's name was Maxine. Behind her back, all of the associate managers called her Maxi-Pad. It kind of killed all "Max" names for me for the rest of my life.

Miles sounds great! 

• Options
    I really like both, but I vote Miles.  Love it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Miles because it's softer sounding.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    I like Maxwell even though I know someone with that last name. I think Miles is too old fashion.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Miles! I think it's got a sweet but cool feel to it, Maxwell just seems a bit harsh imo.
    Mom to Emma, Noah, Isaac, Asa, Asher, Jonah and expecting baby Alice 7/16

• Options

I am glad you posted this.  Jack, Maxwell, and Miles are my husband's top 3.  I hate Miles the least.  (Aren't I awful?)  I don't want a super popular name b/c I am a Jennifer....and my husband doesn't think popularity should affect what we name our kid.  Which I get....to a point!  I am glad to read that Mles isn't as popular. 

And I only started liking Maxwell after that commercial with the piggy.  :-) 

Jack I like, but it's SO popular. 

What middle names are you thinking?  We are thinking Henry.

• Options
    Miles, for sure.  I agree with those that mentioned the # of dogs named Max & also I had a childhood bully named Max, so there's that. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"