Pregnant after IF
Options

*~ schoolsout ~*

you are getting close cutie :)

and wanted to ask a ?

when i posted back in june about being d/x'ed with prothrombin gene mutation you mentioned you had a cousin who get KU easily and then almost bled out at delivery.  do you know how she was treated during her next pregnancy?

i saw hematologist today about my m/c's and she is concerned about all my bleeding and this made me think of your cousin for some reason. my post below

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/48580216.aspx

anyway, just looking for some answers and thanks so much.

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, It empties today of its strength. ~Corrie ten Boom
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ~Mary Anne Radmacher (thank you beadinglady)

It's been a long journey. TTC since 9/06. multiple IUI's and IVF's and 4 m/c's. IVF#3 = BFP, twins, induced at 34w6d due to baby b passing away (no explanation). Delivered on 35w1d, Baby A - baby girl, and Baby B - baby boy, our little angel.
MTHFR A1298C & C677T, Immune Issues and Factor II

Re: *~ schoolsout ~*

• Options

Unfortunately, I don't know a ton about it. I believe she was on blood thinners (not sure what kind) for her whole 2nd PG, and that's all I know.

The mutation that she has basically makes her clot really easily, until something traumatic happens to her body.  So basically childbirth pushed her over the edge (She had a c-section with the 1st but I don't remember why), and they couldn't get her blood to clot.  She had enough transfusions to basically replace her blood supply and was in pretty serious condition for a while. 

I do know with her second, they knew about it and she was on blood thinners and it was treated easily because they knew what it was. 

Turns out that several of my other cousins (her siblings) have it too.  One gets PG easily but m/c a LOT too.  She has no problems at delivery (didn't find out until after her 3rd and final baby.)  She said it's weird, though.  She'll cut herself shaving and it heals super fast (like abnormally so.)  If she does the same thing while on her period, she'll bleed and bleed.

I hope they can figure out what's going on with you! It's WAY past your time, and I worry about your general health if you're walking around with an undiagnosed clotting disorder!

• Options

thanks so much cutie, i'm just lookng for answers

appreciate it.

if you ever happen to find out exact mutation let me know.

can't wait fo baby pics :) 

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, It empties today of its strength. ~Corrie ten Boom
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ~Mary Anne Radmacher (thank you beadinglady)

It's been a long journey. TTC since 9/06. multiple IUI's and IVF's and 4 m/c's. IVF#3 = BFP, twins, induced at 34w6d due to baby b passing away (no explanation). Delivered on 35w1d, Baby A - baby girl, and Baby B - baby boy, our little angel.
    MTHFR A1298C & C677T, Immune Issues and Factor II
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"