Pregnant after IF
Options

When you graduated from RE to OB....

Did you continue getting ultrasounds with the OB? I have heard mixed messages on this from a couple real life friends (who also went through fertility treatments and graduated from RE to OB). 

I had 2 ultrasounds (7 weeks and 9 weeks roughly) with my RE. I go on Wednesday this week for my first appointment with my new OB (will be 11w2d). I'm not sure if I should expect an ultrasound then or not! I'm hoping to get one....it reassures me that something is really growing in there! I don't know how "regular" pregnant women deal with only getting a couple ultrasounds!!

Thanks for your input, ladies! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
SAIFW

Re: When you graduated from RE to OB....

• Options
    Definiely call your OBs office and see what their standard protocol is. My OB does one around 12 weeks, and one around 20 weeks. Unless there are complications that's all you get. But this is something that definitely varies depending on the OB office.
    2.5 yrs TTC #1 - DX = Stage IV Endo, Lap performed Jan 2010
    TTC #1 - May 2010 - IUI #3: BFP 
    TTC #2 - May 2012 -IUI #2: BFP
    TTC #3 - Jan 2013 -Surprise BFP!
    Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Options

I had an u/s at 6 weeks and 8 weeks with the RE.

Once I got to the OB I was on a normal schedule for u/s. 

At my first OB appointment at 9 weeks I had a quick little office u/s to check the HB. (She didn't want to try the doppler so early.)

Then I had my NT scan at about 12 weeks.

I had my first anatomy scan at 18 weeks and had to go back for a second at 20 weeks.

After that my only u/s was another little office u/s at 35 weeks to confirm that his head is down. 

Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It depends on your OB office and if your having any complications. I had one when I first went to the OB at 11 weeks, 16 weeks and 20 weeks.  After the 20 week u/s I started getting them on a weekly basis due to complications.  Call the nurse at the OB office and ask how their office handles things.  Some OB's consider women who go through IF treatments high risk.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I didn't get one at my first appt at 11 weeks. They didn't even want to check the h/b with the Doppler bc they said it might be too early but I asked them to try anyway so I could have some peace of mind and they did and I was able to hear the hb for the first time.
    After 5 years of TTC, 3 IUIs, 5 IVFs, 2 FETs, multiple losses and an adoption that wasn
  • Options

I'm not sure if they will consider me high risk or not. We got pregnant with IUI w/injectibles. I'm 35 (will be 36 when I deliver). And I've had spotting episodes roughly once a week since getting my BFP. Not sure if these things will put me into the "high risk" category or not!

I don't think I will call, though. My appointment is in 2 days, and whatever their protocol is, I'll go with it. I'm just hoping for an ultrasound to ease my mind! I wish I could get one like every two weeks!!! I'm sure everyone is that way, though... 

SAIFW
  • Options
    At my 1st appr with my OB they just listened to the hb with the Doppler, which was enough to reassure me. I go back in 1 week when I'll be 12 weeks and I'll be having a sono. Bot sure what happens after that...
  • Options

imageetoyama:
    At my 1st appr with my OB they just listened to the hb with the Doppler, which was enough to reassure me. I go back in 1 week when I'll be 12 weeks and I'll be having a sono. Bot sure what happens after that...

Hrm. Haven't had anyone use a Doppler on me yet...I wasn't far enough for it at the RE's office. I will have to update everyone on Wednesday!

When you go back next week, is that for the NT scan, or just a regular ultrasound? 

SAIFW
  • Options
    I have, so far.... But they aren't as frequent. My first appt at OB was 10 weeks and we did an U/S. Then I had my NT scan at 12 weeks, so that was a long u/s.. My next appt is at 16 weeks and our OB promised me we would do an u/s at that appt but I get the impression that is not the norm...
  • Options
    It really depends on the OB's office. I had one OB that did u/s at every visit, but the midwife I ended up going with only did one at 20 weeks. Neither of those was impacted by being an IF patient, I was just a "normal" patient by that point.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I went to my ob (while still seeing my RE) at 8 weeks and had a vaginal u/s.

From this point on, I go every 4 weeks.

So at 12 weeks, my ob checked for the baby using the doppler, but couldn't get its heartbeat.  So I had another vaginal u/s.

I go back next week at 16 weeks.  I doubt I will have another u/s at that visit, just the doppler.

Then I am guessing my anatomy scan will be at 20 weeks.

• Options
    With OB I had an u/s at 10 weeks (after graduating from RE at 8 weeks) then NT scan at 14 weeks, another u/s at 17 weeks to check my cervix (I had a LEEP so they've wanted to check cervix carefully) and then anatomy scan at 20 weeks. I don't have another scan scheduled before or at my next appt at 25 weeks. My primary OB did, however, tell me, if I ever wanted an u/s she'd have no issue arranging it.
    Sept. 2010: IVF #1= BFP; May 2012: FET #1= blighted ovum, D&C; FET #2= ?? Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"