Georgia Babies

My 3 yr old is as tall as the avg 4 year old!

We took Avery for her 3 year check today....38" tall and 34lbs.  She's the height of an average 4 year old girl.  I looked back at Harrison's stats at that same time and he was shorter and weighed more.  Crazy!  I'm sure it will equalize as she grows up, but she towers over her classmates right now!
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersbr> Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: My 3 yr old is as tall as the avg 4 year old!

• Kya is tall too! She outgrows her clothes in a snap. She barely wears a size 6 and she is 4 years old. Way taller then her classmate.

We got a couple of models on our hands :)

Follow Me on Twitter!!
    this wife bakes.

One of my favorite cakes ever! I had a blast making this..all handmade with buttercream suds!!!!
  • I still think it is so weird how different eh boys and girls stats are because at Finn's 3 yr he was 39 1/8" tall and that was only 85th percentile.  but you and colin are both tall, chances are she will be too!
  • Loading the player...
  • kepkep member
    Sounds like Kate. People frequently think she is older than she is. She was 39 inches/32 pounds at her 3-year checkup last year. Crazy. :o) Not sure where she gets it, but oh well ...
    Photo by Everything Nice Photography
    My blog
  • At the rate we're going, Geneva will be staring me in the eyes by the time she's 5. At a doctors appt. at 2.5 yrs., she was 39.5 inches and 39 lbs.

I think she can actually ride the rides at Disney now...LOL

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Gavin is not 3 yet and a lot of his 3T pants are too short.  I can't believe I'm going to have to start buying 4T.  But he's super skinny.  Only weighs 30 lbs.  I think it's hilarious that he's just now at the weight limit for Sophie's infant seat. 

• Yeah, Colin was 42 inches and 39 lbs at 3.  They said that was the size of an average 4.5 y/o boy.  He is getting so tall now, I can't believe it.  
  • imageslwprincess:
    Gavin is not 3 yet and a lot of his 3T pants are too short.  I can't believe I'm going to have to start buying 4T.  But he's super skinny.  Only weighs 30 lbs.  I think it's hilarious that he's just now at the weight limit for Sophie's infant seat. 

This sounds exactly like Benjamin!  He's tall and super skinny.  I'll be interested to see his height at his 3 year appointment in a couple of weeks.  He takes a sports class and I was peeking into class this past Tuesday and the coach had them lined against the wall.  He was the tallest kid in class, by far.  At this rate, he'll be taller than me by kindergarten although that won't take much! :-) His brother seems to be following in his footsteps too. 

• Caroline is a little over 2 1/2 and I put her on the scale the other day and she weighed 43 lbs!  I'm not sure how tall she is, but at her 2 year appointment she was almost 39 inches.  So I'm going to assume she is over 40 inches now.  She is already in 5T's.  I'm kind of sad because she is going to have to move to the little girl sizes while she is still sort of a baby.  Taylor is following right in her footsteps too.  He is not even 4 months yet and already wearing 6-12 months.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lily  pie Second Birthday tickers
  • Go Avery!

We have a fairly tall one too. She was 38.5 inches at 2.5 years and 30 lbs. She is all torso though. Her 3T pants still just fit, but she is starting to need 5T shirts. As a 5 foot 2 inch Mama I hope she gets more height than I have, but it will be weird if she towers over me by 6 inches some day!

Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

• It is kind of disconcerting to see your kid next to others.  I always forget how short Caroline is until I see her w/her classmates at school - they've all got at least 1 head on her, haha.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageJoJoEspana:
    It is kind of disconcerting to see your kid next to others.  I always forget how short Caroline is until I see her w/her classmates at school - they've all got at least 1 head on her, haha.

Emma was always like that.  I noticed for the first time yesterday that she has caught up to average height with most of her classmates.  She is still one of the shortest, but not by nearly as much as she used to be.

It's so funny to me that my first child was never over 5% as a baby and my second child is above 50% for height.  Everytime I pick up a pair of 3T pants for Tess I'm like, "They'll never fit." and sure enough, they alway do :)

• imageJoJoEspana:
    It is kind of disconcerting to see your kid next to others.  I always forget how short Caroline is until I see her w/her classmates at school - they've all got at least 1 head on her, haha.

This happens to me too, but in the opposite way!  I always forget how tall Caroline is until I see her with other 2 and 3 year olds.  We went to my nephew's birthday party over the weekend and she was only a little bit shorter than a 4 year old boy that was at the party!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lily  pie Second Birthday tickers
  • We have a tall one over here too.  SC is in size 6 now crazy!  No more baby clothes for us boo hoo.  While Andy and I are not exatly tall...we do have a neice who is 19 and 6ft....thinking SC inherited that gene.  I think last we measured her she was 43" tall and 46lbs.....I sure miss my baby!
  • Can we call her the Greene Giant? :)

Team Green for #2! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Shmoo is growing up! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageGAGirlyGirl:

Can we call her the Greene Giant? :)

LOL..sure! :)  We already call the kids the "Greene Beans"

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersbr> Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • We just had our 18mo. visit and Juliette is already 32 1/2 inches. She looks so much older than she is to me. She also had long hair so whenever we are with our neighbors, she looks about their age (3).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"