Success after IF
Options

What was your LO's first word?

Obviously Jack isn't saying words yet but Dh and I have so much fun translating his sounds into words they sound like. His latest sounds like hey dude! I have been told "Dada" always comes before "Mama" so I have started brainwashing Jack with a lot of Mama, Maaama, Maaama, MaaaaMaa!!

Forever in our hearts
~12/05 * 7/06 * 12/06 * 4/07 * 10/08~
"When the world says, "Give up" hope whispers, "Try one more time"
After 4yrs, 5 IUI's, 2 IVF's, 2 FET's, PGD, and 5 losses our little miracle is finally here!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
Cricket's Cadence

Re: What was your LO's first word?

• Options
    Lilah made the mmmmmm sounds first, but Dada,Lilah,kitty were all in the running for #1 words
    Health&Fitness Blog imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Our IVF miracles!
  • Options

Jack's first official word was "uh-oh".

Joe's not really talking yet but he'll say "home" when we pull in the driveway.  But, it's more like just a hummmmm.

My boys are very late talkers.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
  • Options

I will let you know when it happens :(

Cora says sounds like Ba Ma Be Bo  but nothing like an actual word.  We did think she was saying "hey bubba" for a while..but, it turned out to be nothing.

She is 16 months old and STILL not talking

• Options

Sticks.

Is that not the most random first word ever?  I was giving him veggie sticks a lot in his early solids days and he really liked them.  So yeah - mama, dada?  Nope.  sticks.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Amber
    TTC since March '06
    MFI, LPD, possible PCOS
    3 chem pgs * m/c identical twins at 9w 10.06
    IVF w/ICSI #2 - beta - 187! (9dp5dt), beta - 367! (11dp5dt)
    IVF w/ICSI #3 - it's a girl!
    My IF Blog: Between the Lines
    My Parenting Blog: Letters From Your Mama
  • Options
    Up!  At 15 months.  
    DX: PCOS * Success with IVF

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Her first and only word for quite some time was Hi.

Dada was her second word, but she didn't say Mama with regularity until about 17-18 months!

After 20 months, 3 Clomid cycles and 4 IUI cycles, IVF #1 with ICSI = BFP!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    N's 1st word was "key".  Followed by "go" as his 2nd word.   I really thought his 3rd word would be car. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    dada....well, more like dadadadadadadada. Big Smile
  • Options
    "Ball" at 10 months.
    imageimage
    Married 8.13.2005, M/C 12/8/06- 5 weeks, M/C 2/27/07- 7 weeks, M/C w/ D&C 8/10/09-6.5 weeks *Charles Lawrence born 5/2/08 @ 3:14am, 7lb 8oz, 20.5 inches. Clomid, Crinone and baby aspirin. *Alexandra Claire born 9/14/10 @ 9:52am 6lb 14oz, 20.5 inches. Femara, Crinone and baby aspirin. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ethan's first word was Mama (with meaning,) then Dada, then Up. Those are the only words we have right now too. We actually just started speech two weeks ago.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ethan said Hi at a very early age!
    2vc9jsg.jpg

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure his actual first word was "fan."
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    DD said the dog's name around 9 months (we thought she was just babbling, but she kept saying it consistently and looking at the dog). She said ball around 10-11 months and hi right around 12 months. She said mama before dada (she called DH mama for a very long time!!)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Dada, then hi and finally mama
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    "Daddy" and she says it the cutest way ever!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC since Dec '04 Severe MFI-diagnosed 12/06 3 failed Fresh IVFs FET #1 - BFP!! 2 blasts tx on day 6. Beta #1 8dp6dt = 56, Beta #2 = 600, Beta #3 = 5600 My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    bubble and up
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Jon and Matthew's first word was "mom" around 12 months.  Chris' was Bob like Spongebob at 20 months old.
  • Options

I just had to consult DH and our blog on this, and am STILL not 100% sure.  How sad is that?

But, the agreed upon answer is:  Banana.

Childhood cancer (DH) + chemo + radiation = 0 sperm.
    LO #1 - 1 unmedicated/self-monitored IUI w/ donor sperm.
    LO #2 - 1 m/c, 2 BFNs, 4th IUI worked (unmedicated/self-monitored with new donor sperm).
    Life is beautiful!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Dillon did the mmm before the dah, but now says Dada, dog, jeesh, those all come in the same week.
    A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Options

Griffin's was "Cat" - at 9mo, while reading the Brown Bear book, on the cat page... he said it a few times that day - then not again for months!

Gibby's was "up" at 12mo - asking to be picked up.

Gray still hasn't really said anything for sure... which is why he's being evaluated for EI in a few days.

• Options
    Evie started saying "Mama" when prompted. I don't think she knows what it means, but she might. She says it frequently because she gets lots of praise when she does! She also replies with "mama" to any sentence that starts with "can you say," which is pretty entertaining.
  • Options

Gwen's first word was "More" which sounded like "mow."  She was asking for more food.

• Options

First was cheese.

Second was shoes.

And she still LOVES her cheese and shoes, LOL!  They were TOTALLY appropriate first words. :)

She was 21 months.

Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
  • Options

Reed's was ga for car at about 14 months...and then he used ga for everything.  He could make other sounds like mamamama, but they weren't being used in reference to anything or anyone.

Penny said "hi" at 9 months...and by 10 months had a handful of words.  It was and still is freaky how much she talks.

• Options
    First word was Mama, second was Dada.
  • Options

imageduke'sgirl:
    dada....well, more like dadadadadadadada. Big Smile

This.  over. and over. and over.  And when I say mama she says dadadadadadadada.  Only once have I used that to say "honey, she's asking for you" in the middle of the night. 

• Options
    I tried the same thing (brainwashing with Mama) but Dada still came first. His other first word was "doggie" at 10 months. Then came bannana, mama, and up. At almot 21 months, he has a very large vocabulary (probably at least 50 words and about 1/2 dozen 2 word phrases)
  • Options
    dada was first, followed by "ma" for mama.  Soon after that, she said "bahl" for ball.
  • Options
    "AJ" - it is our cat's name.  I think dada came next for both of them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"