Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

DH just made me feel like the worst mom ever

DD has pooped 6 times today! I mentioned that when he called on his way home. We know that when she poops a lot she tends to get diaper rash. Well every time I changed her I checked for redness and never saw it but I thought I would put on Butt Paste before bed anyways. Well DH changed her last diaper and what do you know, she had another poop and really bad diaper rash to the point where she was screaming crying and shaking when we changed it (I ran in there when I heard it). So DH starts yelling at me about how I should have put it on earlier and went on and on about how it's my fault and I should have known better to put it on her earlier, etc. I start crying b/c o feel so guilty about it and not to mention I'm pg and on modified bed rest. I just feel horrible and stressed, ugh.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: DH just made me feel like the worst mom ever

• don't beat yourself up about it.  next time you can put it on preventatively.    
  • Your DH is being a ***.  That happens.  Hell, it happened to us this weekend, but the rash wasn't as bad.  Don't feel guilty.  Yo were keeping an eye on it all day.  Maybe something she ate irritated her bum.  Don't worry about it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I would have yelled right back that he has no right to talk to you that way and that if he thinks he can do a better job then he can stay home all the time and do 24/7 child care. I'd be so pissed at DH if he said that to me.

I don't think you were wrong to not put it on if there was not sign of rash.  The only time I preventatively put it on is before bed because DS is a heavy wetter and I want to protect his skin from the moisture. ... just as you were going to do.  You are a great mom who did nothing wrong.

Unsolicited tip: try a little baby powder or cornstarch on the rash.  When DS gets the bad poop rash, I've found that the powder is so soothing and helpful in clearing it up quickly.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers imageimage
  • image1SwtWld:
    Your DH is being a ***.  That happens.  Hell, it happened to us this weekend, but the rash wasn't as bad.  Don't feel guilty.  Yo were keeping an eye on it all day.  Maybe something she ate irritated her bum.  Don't worry about it. 

This. Your DH wasn't very nice and shouldn't have spoken to you that way, IMO.  As they say, s**t happens. It wasn't your fault and it sounds like you were watching for it. And as pp mentioned, it could have been something she ate that caused the irritation. You're not a bad mom; don't let DH make you feel that way. 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's an honest mistake.  You already feel bad enough. Tell him he's a jerk and it was a mistake.
  • One parent yelling at another parent in front of the kid/s is not cool.

Your husband sounds like a self righteous ass.

promised myself I'd retire when I turned gold, and yet here I am
  • Your husband sounds like an ass. Don't beat yourself up. I've done the same thing.
  • dupe

Little E born 12.10.09 Little A born 04.19.12
  • Tell your Not Dear H to stop being such an a-hole. It isn't your fault your LO got a diaper rash, it could have been something she ate that irritated her bum.
    Little E born 12.10.09 Little A born 04.19.12
  • It sounds like your husband is having a bad day and is taking it out on you. Don't worry about it. You're doing a great job :)
  • That's really nice of him. Lets make a bad situation worse by yelling at my wife. What a buttmunch. Don't feel bad. He should not you. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"