December 2010 Moms

Poll: How many do you want and why?

Reading the "how old are you..." post got me wondering why people want the number of children they want. Not judgey, just curious. If you want 3, why 3? If you are one and done, why?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Poll: How many do you want and why?

• I want at least one more...hoping for a girl. If it's another boy we may be done!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • For me, I want 2-3. My parents are both one of 4 kids and I love that I have that many aunts and uncles, and the cousins that come with it. DH's mom is 1 of 7, so again, lots of family there. I'd like DD to have lots of family as well, but doubt that I'm up for having any more than 3 kids, let alone 7! I figure that 3 is a good number. Plus, I don't want DH and I to be too outnumbered!

• Loading the player...
  • Two, I think.  I want Genna to have a sibling.  I'm really close with my sisters and I can't imagine not having them.  Having said that, 3 scares me because my sister is the stereotypical "middle child" and drives me effing crazy.
    imageimageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • we want 3, not exactly sure why but i think it has to do with the fact that my mom, grandma, great grandma and H's mom all have 3 kids.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I wanted 2 because I want Jackson to have a sibling and I'd like a girl.  But I'm still getting the hang of this parenting thing, so another baby is the furthest thing from my mind right now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We have talked about having 2 because we want Olivia to have a brother or sister and we'd each be able to keep an eye on one of the kids.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 3 to 4. I come from a big family and love it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We want one more. Both of us have siblings and we love our nieces. We want our daughter to be able to have a sibling and experience the joy that nieces and nephews bring. We don't care if the second one is a boy or girl. We will most likely be done after that. He said that he might possibly "get fixed" after baby #2.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • dh wants a couple kids because he wants a big family.  i wanted atleast 2 (a girl and a boy) but after having griffin and going through pregnancy and labour...sh!t, i dont think i can do it again!  some women say they forget the pain and thats why they have more.  well not me!  ill never forget the pain!
  • This will be our only biological child. Some of the complications of my pregnancy scared me shiitless and some just made it miserable enough that I genuinely don't want to go through it again. H and I have always wanted to adopt a child, so we are hoping to start the adoption process when L is 3 at the earliest. I would even consider waiting until he's 4 or 5... I want to have plenty of time to focus on him before having another LO join our family :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I think 3 is a good number. I'm one of 2 and dh is one of 4. If I could be a SAHM I'd want 4 or even 5. Well, I dunno, I would have to have easy, uncomplicated pregnancies like this one was.
  • Right now, we are on the fence. I have always wanted two children. DH would be fine with just the one if I ever changed my mind and lately I've been thinking that we could be one and done. But, I am an only child (not by choice) and can't imagine making a conscious decision to have an only child myself knowing how much I hated it as a kid. Plus, I would really love to try for a little girl although if we went for 2 and the second was also a boy, we would still stop there. Who knows. 
  • I would like 2 more.  I am one of 3 kids and I always loved having a brother and a sister.
  • We really haven't decided yet what we're going to do. We're just enjoying this one right now. If we do we'll just have one more. I don't really have to worry about giving LO siblings because he already has 2 sisters and 1 brother from SOs previous marriage.
    Damon Kole 12/16/10 Baby #2 EDD 6/15/13
  • We want 2-3 more. DH and I each have one other sibling (he has an older sister, and I have a younger brother). Both of us like the idea of having a semi-big family.
  • I think I want 2 more.  Definitely one more for sure.

I would like 2 more because both DH and I have one other sibling. I don't talk with mine and DH rarely communicates with his.  Hopefully by adding one more to the mix some of our children could/would like each other to keep up communications.  Also, if I have 2 more it increases my odds of becoming a grandparent.

• 2-3, because siblings are fun!

• We will probably end up with 4. We have one nephew from my sister but she won't be having any more and dh's siblings aren't having children either, and I want LO to have lots of family around as she grows up. I had 13 cousins all in the same town growing up (all girls) and I loved the big family get togethers and I'm still close to most of my cousins today. I want that for my kids and since they won't be having gaggles of cousins we'll settle for lots of siblings.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Dx PCOS 2003...Dx Chronic Hypertension 2006 TTC #1 2009 BFP #1 12/31/09 m/c 1/7/10 6wks BFP #2 03/25/10...DD 11/27/10 6lbs 13oz
  • I am not sure anymore what I want. I used to say 2-3 but after finding out I have MTHFR I feel like we got really lucky we were about to have our little peanut I don't know if I want to try again.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Dx MTHFR (C677T & A1298C, Compound Heterozygous)

• If we were 10 years younger we'd probably have a second child but we're sticking with 1.
  • imagemeghankinley:
    Well 2-4....we love our little girl, and I would even be happy with 1. BUT- SO would like a boy, and I think Maci should have a sibling...that being said, I would like more like 3 or 4, BUT that all depends on my job, SO's job and what we can afford!!! IF we were rich and I could SAH, then things would be different.

This is a good point! If money were no object, I'd have 4 or 5 total.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"