February 2011 Moms

Would you have sex if you were me?

As you saw from my post earlier, I am 5cm, 80%, membranes stripped as of today. Took a long walk and other than some mild cramps, lower back ache (nothing new) and sporadic BH, I got nothing going on! My OB told me to expect some spotting and nope, not even that.

DH and I have been having sex almost every day for over a week. We had sex last night. It doesn't hurt during but I do get uncomfortable afterwards. 

Anyway, now that I *know* that I am 5cm, sex just seems "wrong" somehow. Don't you think? I mean...isn't my bag of water hanging out? 

On the other hand, my OB will be on call 8am tomorrow, all day and night and told me to just come in (she'd break my water and thinks I wouldn't even need pit).

Sorry this is longer than I thought. The number 5 is just really really messing with my head now and I almost wish I hadn't found out. I am a ticking time bomb that just won't go off. :(

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Would you have sex if you were me?

• I would go for it if your doctor thinks it is ok. I am not sure if being 5cm feels any different, but if not and you want to... why not.  Smile
  • do it! maybe it'll give you that last little push you need to go all natural!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I TOTALLY misread your title and thought it said "Would you have sex with me?" LOL I was like, a little desperate, are we?

And I honestly laughed at your post too, but only because I'm right there with you! I'm 4cm (hopefully a little more now) and I have a bulging bag of waters too, which I was hoping that sex would pop... lol! (it hasn't yet) 

But hey, keep it going! If you're not uncomfortable, do it to it, girl. It's pretty uncomfortable for me because my cervix is so soft it kinda hurts, but I suffer through it and don't let DH know because if he knew I wasn't diggin' it, he'd stop- and I need his prostaglandin donations!!

CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
  • do it...... =)

bc you won't for 6 weeks lol 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageMrsB0701:
    do it! maybe it'll give you that last little push you need to go all natural!

this

• imageTiffanyTheMom:

I TOTALLY misread your title and thought it said "Would you have sex with me?" LOL I was like, a little desperate, are we?

And I honestly laughed at your post too, but only because I'm right there with you! I'm 4cm (hopefully a little more now) and I have a bulging bag of waters too, which I was hoping that sex would pop... lol! (it hasn't yet) 

But hey, keep it going! If you're not uncomfortable, do it to it, girl. It's pretty uncomfortable for me because my cervix is so soft it kinda hurts, but I suffer through it and don't let DH know because if he knew I wasn't diggin' it, he'd stop- and I need his prostaglandin donations!!

Lol, Tiff, your post made me laugh too! Honestly, I am not enjoying the sex too much either. It does get a little uncomfortable but as I said, it doesn't hurt. But I really don't let DH know that I am pretty much only doing it so I can get my "prostaglandin donation," Haha. I feel bad about using my poor DH in that way. I enjoy the closeness, of course, but I would much rather get that exclusively from hugs, kisses, and massages these days.

My OB okayed sex even at this point but I think DH is getting a bit spooked (5cm just seems like a gaping hole haha) and I don't think he wants to literally break my water with his penis. Ahem. 

Tiffany I SO hope you will go soon. I feel really bad for you and you just seem miserable. I am just impatient mostly so I can hold out a few more days or longer if I have to. As I said to Reese the other day, here is a sprinkling (ok truck load) of labor dust for you too! Keep trusting that your body knows what it's doing and maybe rehearse some positive affirmations? 

• The last two replies are too funny.  My DH just said something last night like "What if your water breaks during...that would be really weird."  
  • imagedivakotka:
    My OB okayed sex even at this point but I think DH is getting a bit spooked (5cm just seems like a gaping hole haha) and I don't think he wants to literally break my water with his penis. Ahem. 

LOL!! That's what I'm kind of hoping for with sex... but then I have to realize his semen is just semen, not water-bag-eating acid. :( But the thought of him breaking my water with his man thang is pretty funny. I think he'd go limp instantly and probably pass out.  4cm does seem like a gaping hole to my DH too, but in his opinion since my MW okayed sex, he's game. (He's really scared of going 6 wks solo, hahah. He likes his sex!)

CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
  • imageTiffanyTheMom:

LOL!! That's what I'm kind of hoping for with sex... but then I have to realize his semen is just semen, not water-bag-eating acid. :( But the thought of him breaking my water with his man thang is pretty funny. I think he'd go limp instantly and probably pass out.  4cm does seem like a gaping hole to my DH too, but in his opinion since my MW okayed sex, he's game. (He's really scared of going 6 wks solo, hahah. He likes his sex!)

Oh my gosh. I pretty much lost it giggling at that sentence... this is SO what DH would do if that happened to him.  Poor guy is terrified of hurting the baby somehow, probably not so game as your DH... but maybe that'll change with the next baby?

• Yes. Just make sure you both are being safe and "clean" for lack of a better word. I just know infection is a big risk if your water broke so would think it would be the same since you are close.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"