Parenting after 35
Options

mom fail :(

Poor T.  She is teething and has such a hard time with it.  Her canines are on their way, I think, her gums are puffy and she's snotty and crabby.  I was putting her in her high chair yesterday and pulling the strap to tighten.  My hand slipped off the strap and ... you guessed it, whacked her RIGHT in the kisser Crying  I felt soooooooooo bad.  If you feel like it, please share your mom fails so I don't feel like such a terrible mom!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: mom fail :(

• Options
    Don't worry I'm sure she's fine. I let F fall off the couch twice when he was little in the same week!
  • Options

Aww, poor mama and baby!

Mine is mortifying: I took my hand off M while changing her at a pediatrician appointment (before the doc came in)--and she rolled off the examination table. The floors there are *not* carpeted. It was traumatizing for me, but luckily she was fine (she was 6 months at the time). 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

At least you use the straps on your high chair.   I've never bothered and am just waiting for the day he decides to escape.

My Mom Fail was a couple of weekends ago at the pool at the Y.  Lifted him up onto the side and promptly smooshed his face right into the rough non-skid pad.  Big fat bloody lip, but no tears!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh no! Don't feel bad. My Fails are too numerous to count - falling off the bed, falling off the couch(both only happened once), bonking his head on the roof of the car when getting him out of the car seat.
  • Options

imagestever:
    bonking his head on the roof of the car when getting him out of the car seat.

I do this ALL.THE. TIME.

• Options
    It happens to the best of us. I've scratched LO by mistake and didn't catch him falling a couple of times. They are all accidents, it doesn't make us bad moms! Just in case though, I'm keeping my nails real short these days :)
    Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
  • Options
    imageM.Amy:

imagestever:
    bonking his head on the roof of the car when getting him out of the car seat.

I do this ALL.THE. TIME.

Guilty of this here too but when I'm putting R in the seat.

• Options
    I feel really bad about this...I yelled at her the other night. She got up at about 12:30 & would not go back to sleep. I didn;t get back to bed til 3:45. Yelled at her about 2:30, then felt so bad I cuddled with her & apologized.
  • Options
    aww, thanks ladies.  Its a good reminder that we are all only human and probably do a great job even on our worst days because we care so much.  Hugs to all of us and our little ones :) 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"