Washington Babies
Options

Silly question! Where is the best place to by infant socks?

Everywhere I go it seems to be like $4 a pair!  Give me a break $4 for a pair of teeny baby socks!

TIA~

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Silly question! Where is the best place to by infant socks?

• Options

I got some cheapie plain white ones at Penney's the other day, and I've had good luck at Fred Meyer's and Kohl's.

I also have found some on sale at the Osh Kosh Store, but only when they're having their big clearances.

J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My favorite are the gap socks because the stay on the best next to the trumpette socks.  yes they are a bit spendy but you really don't need that many pairs to start because most outfits are footed so it pays to have some that really stay on.  Just an fyi nothing fits Jagger at this point because his feet are so tiny.
    imageimage Brothers! image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I also love GAP (outlet) and stock up the boys on them when on sale. We also had trumpett (converse style) ones.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Target's Circo brand socks are good ones, and they're $1 per pair. Old Navy has good deals on them sometimes too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Well, when it comes to baby socks, cheap is not necessarily better! You want to find ones that STAY on! Carters fleecy ones SUCK! You want ones with that grip their ankles. The Gap are my favorite. I learned with baby number two that there are some kinds it's not even worth it to buy! Hannah Andersson also has some great ones. Trumpette too were really cute and stayed put.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I really like Crazy 8's socks.  They even have grippies on the bottoms.  They come in 0-6 and up.  And they totally stay on. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    That is so not a silly question! :-)  I was adding socks to my registries and having issues finding simple socks (that didn't get bad reviews).  We can buy them on our own, but thought I'd put in a registry for now.  Good to know where else to shop later.
    Photo by J Shelton Photography

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married 10/5/08 | 2 yrs of TTC, tests, procedures & a m/c | IVF #2 =James!
  • Options
    The only socks that actually stayed on Ella's feet until she was about 4 months old were some puma ankle socks that i got from ross!
  • Options
    Thanks for these suggestions, I just didn't want to buy some socks when I had no idea what I was getting myself into!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

We pretty much just use these ones. They're great. Jake has big feet and skinny ankles and they work well.

https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=37874&vid=1&pid=811519&scid=811519002

We got some Trumpettes as a gift but havent used them yet because they're too big.

• Options

imagetfarabians:
    My favorite are the gap socks because the stay on the best next to the trumpette socks.  yes they are a bit spendy but you really don't need that many pairs to start because most outfits are footed so it pays to have some that really stay on.  Just an fyi nothing fits Jagger at this point because his feet are so tiny.

This!  Buy them at the Gap Outlet and they are cheaper.  But I swear by the Gap ones for little newborn/preemie feet and then once they fit in the Trumpette those are the bomb!

DH-NOA confirmed with TESE, ME-Unexplained After 1 Miscarriage, 6 IUI's, our little miracles are here. Proud Parents of Twins. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    We're Finally Three
  • Options
    I always had the hardest time with infant socks and keeping them on.  And of course that is something you never think about while pregnant!  Honestly, my kids rarely wear socks when we are at home.  When we go out I put some on with a pair of Robeez or the knock-off brand sold by Target and those stay on!

Jen - Mom to Jillian (10/2008) and Hayden (4/2010)

My Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"