1st Trimester

Doc Appt

I am 6 weeks pregnant and I called my OB today and they scheduled my appt around my 8th week, if anyone can help me will i get an ultrasound or what can i expect? Thank You!

Re: Doc Appt

• I would suggest calling them back and asking them what to expect at your 1st appt. Every office is different. My 1st appt was at 8 weeks, but it was only a blood test, urine test, a complete health history about my husband and I, and lots of discussions about screening tests, health, diet, vitamins, etc. She told me my 1st ultrasound would probably be between 16 & 20 weeks, if everything goes well until then. I was so upset to hear that I had to wait that long so she gave me a script to get an ultrasound that week and "said" I had cramping. I was soo happy and the ultrasound a few days later was awesome, so small but we saw heartbeat and they give you a more accurate due date based on measurements.

Then I had my 1st "real" appt 2 weeks later where they did urine test, pelvic exam, and doppler to try and detect heartbeat. Then I was told I have monthly appts until I am further along and then you have them every 2 weeks, then once a week till delivery.

Good luck!

• it also depends on your insurance.  I went for my first appt at 7 weeks and had the same kind of visit as tinkbride did.  The difference with mine though is that I have my first ultrasound scheduled at 12 weeks and then another at 16 and at 20.
  • Loading the player...
  • like PP said I think it depends on insurance and also the doctors office.

we had our 1st appt at what we thought was 8 weeks(u/s measured 7 weeks 1 day, but I have longer cycles so it made sense) and they did ultrasound, bloodwork, talked with the dr about food etc. and pelvic exam.

I have another appt at 12 weeks with another u/s.

but yea, it all depends on the dr I think. I was surprised to beable to get an u/s so early.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"