Babies: 6 - 9 Months

After a scare last night.....

I went out and bought a video monitor and a breathable bumper.  Now I'm totally kicking myself for not having them sooner!!!!!  The video monitor is totally awesome- I've seriously probably made hundreds of trips in to check on him over the last 8 months (I never anticipated being a nervous mom so I never saw a reason for the video monitor while I was pregnant)  that wouldn't have been necessary if I had just gotten this monitor from the beginning!  Lesson learned :-)

The scare, btw, was finding him face-first into the bumper.  I couldn't hear or see him breathing and it scared the $hit out of me- honestly I couldn't calm down all night. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: After a scare last night.....

• Oh no that is really scary!  Glad to hear he is okay and you will now get a good night's sleep.  We lurv our breathable bumper!
    Married 2007
    DS - 5/2010
    DD - 6-2013
    TTC #3 - Cycle #9

• I love my video monitor.  Glad you feel better about everything!!  

ps- that would have seriously scared me too! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagestgn01:

I love my video monitor.  Glad you feel better about everything!!  

ps- that would have seriously scared me too! 

Yeah, even more scary was that I *almost* didn't go in to check on him because he had just recently finished CIO'ing and I didn't want to wake him.  I'm so glad I went in!

• Oh wow! I'm sure that was scary! Nate shoves his face into the bumper and pulls the covers over his head. We have an Angelcare so I am not too worried. I'm glad you got the video monitor. If we didn't have an Angelcare I would most def have a vid monitor!
  • I lurve my video monitor!  We had the Angelcare monitor but it didn't work - it was either too sensitive and the ceiling fan would keep it from going off (it didn't set off an alarm when we'd pick DD up, because the air from the fan would make it think she was still laying down), but if we turned down the sensitivity it kept going off all the time.  So we returned it after a day, and the video monitor has been a lifesaver!!!  Abby's still in the sleepsuit (and still in the 3-6 size!) so she can't really move up against the bumpers.  
  • imageDMCinderella:
    Oh wow! I'm sure that was scary! Nate shoves his face into the bumper and pulls the covers over his head. We have an Angelcare so I am not too worried. I'm glad you got the video monitor. If we didn't have an Angelcare I would most def have a vid monitor!

Ditto this.  DD likes to roll into the bumper a lot and shove herself into the corners.  I know she'd end up with a lot of bumps and bruises with a breathable bumper (she moves around the crib like CRAZY.) however we have the angelcare monitor and a video monitor haha.  I love them both and I'm so happy to have both of them.  The few times we've had the monitor go off was when she'd squish herself up into a corner.  Tht's her favorite corner so I moved the sensor pad slightly off center and more towards that corner.  Those two are lifesavors and make me feel much better about her having her bumpers and her (breathable) blanket.

• imagerubiafaerie25:

imageDMCinderella:
    Oh wow! I'm sure that was scary! Nate shoves his face into the bumper and pulls the covers over his head. We have an Angelcare so I am not too worried. I'm glad you got the video monitor. If we didn't have an Angelcare I would most def have a vid monitor!

Ditto this.  DD likes to roll into the bumper a lot and shove herself into the corners.  I know she'd end up with a lot of bumps and bruises with a breathable bumper (she moves around the crib like CRAZY.) however we have the angelcare monitor and a video monitor haha.  I love them both and I'm so happy to have both of them.  The few times we've had the monitor go off was when she'd squish herself up into a corner.  Tht's her favorite corner so I moved the sensor pad slightly off center and more towards that corner.  Those two are lifesavors and make me feel much better about her having her bumpers and her (breathable) blanket.

OMG- the pic of your DD standing with you is soooooo stinkin cute!! Her face is precious :-)

• imagedoremi29:
    imagerubiafaerie25:

imageDMCinderella:

OMG- the pic of your DD standing with you is soooooo stinkin cute!! Her face is precious :-)

Thank you!  she's my lil stinker hehe.  Such a ham! (probably because I take tons of pics so she hears a camera and hams it up now.)  I love the tub pic of your lil guy.  Everytime I see it I always awwww.  It's funny how bright their eyes look when their hair is all wet and they have soap on them haha.

• imagerubiafaerie25:
    imagedoremi29:
    imagerubiafaerie25:

imageDMCinderella:

Thank you!  she's my lil stinker hehe.  Such a ham! (probably because I take tons of pics so she hears a camera and hams it up now.)  I love the tub pic of your lil guy.  Everytime I see it I always awwww.  It's funny how bright their eyes look when their hair is all wet and they have soap on them haha.

Thank you! :-)

• imagerubiafaerie25:

imageDMCinderella:

We had breathable ones on his crib and he was busting himself all up. We put the regular ones back on and its been great ever since. We, too, moved his sensor pad up a bit to where he lays to make sure there are no false alarms. I love the fact you have both the Angelcare and video...I think my DH would kill me if I bought a video monitor even though I really want one.

• imageDMCinderella:
    imagerubiafaerie25:

imageDMCinderella:

We had breathable ones on his crib and he was busting himself all up. We put the regular ones back on and its been great ever since. We, too, moved his sensor pad up a bit to where he lays to make sure there are no false alarms. I love the fact you have both the Angelcare and video...I think my DH would kill me if I bought a video monitor even though I really want one.

Thankfully the video monitor was a shower gift from my dad and stepmom :)  We bought the angelcare monitor, but I think it makes DH feel better too haha.  He can be more of a worrier than me at times though he won't admit it.  He loves watching her on the video cam.  Plus our bedroom is upstairs and she's downstairs.  It's easier to check the monitor before going to sleep to see if we need to pull her out of a corner haha, or what not.  Also helps when she wakes and fusses, we can watch her find her binky and put it back in her mouth and fall asleep or just put herself back to sleep.  I love it.  I'm very grateful my dad got it for us :)  Can always see if you can find a used one for a better price?

• imagerubiafaerie25:
    imageDMCinderella:
    imagerubiafaerie25:

imageDMCinderella:

Thankfully the video monitor was a shower gift from my dad and stepmom :)  We bought the angelcare monitor, but I think it makes DH feel better too haha.  He can be more of a worrier than me at times though he won't admit it.  He loves watching her on the video cam.  Plus our bedroom is upstairs and she's downstairs.  It's easier to check the monitor before going to sleep to see if we need to pull her out of a corner haha, or what not.  Also helps when she wakes and fusses, we can watch her find her binky and put it back in her mouth and fall asleep or just put herself back to sleep.  I love it.  I'm very grateful my dad got it for us :)  Can always see if you can find a used one for a better price?

I love how such simple things bring us such comfort, like a simple ticking throughout the night. Thankfully, there is a consignment store having a HUGE sale next month where I am going to look for one. I search craigslist everyday but being in such a small state things are hard to come by. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"