1st Trimester

sinus headache?

Anyone know what's safe?  Apparently everything I have in the house isn't safe, but I can't figure out what is.  Every website I go to just tells me what's not.  Anyone have their sheet handy from the OB?  My head hurts so bad I feel sick and tylenol isn't touching it.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: sinus headache?

• my list says:

acetominophen

sudafed (all forms)

psuedophedrine

benadryl (all forms)

claritin (all forms)

zyrtec (all forms)

robitussin (all forms)

cough drops 

imageimage
  • I took Tylenol and Benedryl and laid my face on a heating pad.  I also used my neti pot.  It took all day laying in bed to go away.  I talked to my doctor today about it and he just nodded and said, "yeah...that is about all you can do". 
  • Loading the player...
  • last year I had serious sinus issues. There is this sinus rinse called neilmed sinus rinse. I has a squeeze bottle instead of the neti pot and I couldn't live without it. It was amazing in helping relieve the pressure before and after my surgery. Plus you can use it as many times as you need. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just use a neti pot morning and night and it really helps within a few days.
  • acetominophen

sudafed (all forms)

psuedophedrine

benadryl (all forms)

claritin (all forms)

robitussin (all forms) ** just my two cents my midwife gave me almost the same list but mine said robitussin dm and I was so confused at the pharmacy so I just asked the pharmacist, and she said nothing that is going to put you to sleep ie no night time stuff, My list also says vics rubs, 

I would just ask the pharmacist and use your common sense as to wether you agree with them or not.  My head still hurts, and is so stuffy good luck

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks ladies!  I sent DH to the store and he talked to the pharmacist and she said nothing except Tylenol.  Oy.  I have a dr's appt tomorrow so I'll get a sheet then from him.  I read mixed things about sudafed and psuedophedrine so I was afraid of taking anything before talking to my dr.  Today I feel better so hopefully I won't need anything between now and then.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"