October 2011 Moms

My family's reaction!

So last night my family got together for my older brother's birthday. I knew we wouldn't be able to get together again for a little while, so DH and I agreed it was the best time to tell them. We got my bro a birthday card and sign it Happy Birthday Uncle Kyle Love  Kara, Art and baby. At first he didn't pick up at it, just laughed at the card itself, then got serious and looked at us in shock. He goes "wait are you pregnant?!" all I could was smile and nod. My mom started freaking out and going, What! how does a birthday card say your pregnant, haha. Eventually her shock turned to tears. She started talking about how my dad would have been so happy and would have been such a great grandpa.(little back story--my dad passed away when I was 13 from a heart attack). So then ofcourse I started crying. But overall it was such an amazing time being able to tell them and see their reactions. Now I am really looking forward to telling the IL's! I hope all of you can have just as great reactions!

Re: My family's reaction!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"