Stay at Home Moms
Options

DH and weekend activities?

Anyone's DH just want to spend weekends at home and not do much?  DH is so busy at work and out and about that on weekends, he just wants to hang at home, maybe go out for lunch or have a couple of friends over for a quiet dinner after the kids have gone to bed. 

When we have childcare, which we do several times a month, I would like to do things, like go for a hike, which is impossible for me to do with the kids now for more than about 1 mile, eat in restaurants where we can talk quietly and enjoy a good meal, go see a museum where I can actually read the words, instead of trying to keep the kids from touching what they are not suppose to, ect.  DH just wants to have quiet time at home, preferable when the kids are outside with me or not being noisy. 

While I understand, it is becoming frustrating.  

Don't get me wrong, I get out and about with the kids, but given their schedules between DD's school and DS's nap, there is only so much time we have to do things.  

Re: DH and weekend activities?

• Options

I get what you are saying. 

DH and I are two of a kind (to a fault sometimes) ... we both would rather just hang out at home and chill. lol We are BORING!

Maybe offer up a compromise - 1 day for being lazy-bones and 1 day for doing something fun that you want to do.  

• Options
    My DH never wants to take advantage of using a babysitter!  We don't have family near by, and I don't have many people I'd leave him with anyway, but a friend offered to let G come play for a little while to give us some time to go out alone.  I suggested we take her up on the offer so we can go out alone for my birthday, but he doesn't want to.  He thinks DS should go with us.  Ugh!  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am pretty lucky. My DH works a ton and has always been the "I have to always be doing something, never can say no type" when I was pregnant I finally got him to slow down a bit. Now he is a great balance between going out and staying in. We also have four sets of parents since both of us have parent are divorced and remarried, so we always have a babysitter if we can't bring DS along or need some time alone.
    BFP#1 7/09 DS born 3/30/10 BFP#2 5/11 M/C 6/11 BFP#3 9/11 M/C 10/11 BFP #4 5/20/12 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My DH is the same way. He just wants to relax at home on the weekends and I want to be out and about. We have a your thing one day/ my thing the next deal as long as we aren't busy. I am so ready for better weather just for walks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"