Breastfeeding

Frustrations! (previously pierced..)

My son will latch on, but just doesnt really seem interested in breastfeeding. Ive had to supplement with formula because hes slightly jaundiced and I feel like hes not getting enough to eat! Its so frustrating! I had my nipples pierced when I was younger, and I feel like thats really making a huge impact in the process. I can see the colustrum leaking from the previous piercings, but not the nipple itself. Anyone else have this problem? Anyway to make this easier?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Frustrations! (previously pierced..)

• First off, your milk just may not have come in yet - I had to supplement with formula for a couple of days because my babies were so hungry, but now we're on track.  For the first little bit, I had major leakage from my old nipple ring holes... On my left side, the milk would spray out sideways - it was pretty funny :)  Only DD could handle that boob, for whatever reason DS couldn't handle all the milk that came out in the wrong direction.  Eventually, I stopped leaking out of my piercing holes.  It doesn't seem to happen at all anymore.  So be patient - both with the milk coming in and with the nipple ring holes.  Keep nursing, and it should all work out in the next week or so!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"