Indiana Babies

Update from this morning...

Dr E has a therapist onsite, who evaluated Ryan said he has developed (gross motor and cognitively) at approx a 10-11 month age and fine motor skills at approximately a 15-16 month range. 

After that, we met with the doctor.  He went through everything, we talked about my difficult delivery, talked about Ryan.  He said that Ryan is very intelligent, he thinks its just a matter of learning how to utilize that intelligence.  For example -- whenever anyone is upset, or certain cartoon characters (i.e. Professor Von Drake on Mickey Mouse), he freaks out. 

He said the immediate need is to find out why he's delayed, because he's well outside of the "maybe he's just taking a little longer to walk" range.  He said the two biggies he is testing him for are Cerebral Palsy and Fragile X Syndrome.  The FXP is what is concerning to him, but until the genetic bloodwork comes back, we won't know for sure.  We will have an MRI the week of 2/15, that Ryan will have to be sedated for.  

I'm not doing so well today -- I was really hoping for some positive news.  Even for him to say that he thinks it's CP, because thats something that generally doesn't get worse.  I'm afraid to do too much Googling, because all I want is for Ryan to be okay.  

Thanks for letting me blow it all out -- and thank you if you have made it this far.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Update from this morning...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"