October 2011 Moms
Options

AHhhhh

Ok I took 2 different brands of pt's tonight and I don't know if my mind is playing tricks on me or if there really is something?! I mean it is so faint that even when you hold it to the light you can barely see it!! So I was just wondering how faint some of your pregnancy tests were that got a bfp??

Re: AHhhhh

• Options
    I first tested with a blue one, and the line was really faint, so I waited two more days and got a digital test and a pink line test and tested first thing in the morning. The pink line was barely there but the digital test gave me a bfp! I know the digital ones are more expensive, but it was well worth it..
    DS1 BFP 1/2011 born 10/6/11
    DS2 BFP 8/2012 born 5/1/13
    #3 BFP 1/2015

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I tested the first time probably 10 dpo and got very faint lines. I tested every morning after that and continued to get faint lines until I finally went and bought a FRER and got a nice dark solid second line 12 dpo in the afternoon.

(I end the story there because I dont want to admit how many tests I took AFTER I got the FRER positive. Really, I am embarrased. And I think the dollar general store loves me.)

I have never taken a digital.

Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies :) Don't feel bad I have taken my share of pt too!! I'm not going by ovulation though.. I'm going by implantation ( I think that is what it was) I had spotiing which I never do and that was 8 days ago. So I'm going to test first thing in the morning again :)
  • Options
    imagec_washington:

I tested the first time probably 10 dpo and got very faint lines. I tested every morning after that and continued to get faint lines until I finally went and bought a FRER and got a nice dark solid second line 12 dpo in the afternoon.

(I end the story there because I dont want to admit how many tests I took AFTER I got the FRER positive. Really, I am embarrased. And I think the dollar general store loves me.)

I have never taken a digital.

Don't be embarrassed...I have taken an IC every day since my BFP at 9dpo (it is now 18dpo....). Ridiculous! I vowed to put away the ICs AND by BBT to start fresh in February! :)

Proud to be a nurse-midwife student! Can't wait to graduate Aug 2011!
    Charting since July 2010, TTC #1 since Dec 2010
    BFP 1.21.11 EDD 10.5.11
    My BFP Chart
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    My first was 14dpo and it was faint and blue.  I read that the pink test lines are better for detecting.  I went and bought one right away.  It was much darker than the blue.  GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My first advice is to always take pink die tests....blue die tests are known for having accuracy issues.  I tested last pregnancy at 8dpo and got an ever so faint almost not there line....tested again with a CBE (clear blue easy) digital and got my positive.  This time was a surprise, so it was already DARK line by the time I found out.
    NetnieNay Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I think that's thought is though, that if you have a faint line, no matter how faint, it's detecting the hormone, so it would only show a BFP if there was the hormone to detect. I bet if you wait a few days, it'll be a lot darker! 
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I tested at 9 dpo and swore I saw a hint of something on an IC.  I posted the pic on baby centers test tweakers and the ladies were convinced there was something.  So saturday morning with a digital confirmed I was right.  So this morning I used my last IC and there were two pink solid lines immediately.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby #5 due 12.31.15

• Options

My very first positive at 11dpo was so faint I wasn't sure it was anything.  It was on an internet cheapie strip and there was a shadow of a line, but once I took a picture, it confirmed that it was faint, but it was pink!  I tested on just about every kind of test I could find and it stayed faint that day, but I got a much clearer line the next day.

Try to be patient and go with First Response, those have always been the most reliable for me.  Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"