Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

EP'er - I tip my hat

My supply dipped when I went back to work and I added a pumping session before bed every night to have extra for the next day.  After a week of doing it daily if I don't pump by 10pm (LO nurses for the last time around 7:30) I feel full and uncomfortable so I can't skip it.  I HATE pumping.  I really commend you for doing this around the clock without the physical aspect of nursing as a kind of reward.  I dont think I'd be able to keep it up.  It's very selfless. 

Re: EP'er - I tip my hat

• Options

ITA!

I commend them just for the sheer amount of dishes they wash to pump and bottle feed! You go Mommas!

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • Options
    Yes I EP'd the first 3 1/2 months.It was very,very tiring.I also commend people who have stuck with it this long,it's amazing!

Lilypie - (yNYF)

Lilypie - (bSes)

T1 diabetes diagnosed 11/95 due to severe pancreatic injury
    BFP 1 1/22/10 EDD 9/30/10 Adria b. 9/11/10 d.8/9/11, Transposition of the Great Arteries,
    Pleural effusion, Kidney Failure
    BFP 2 4/26/12 EDD 1/3/13 M/C 5/13/12
    BFP 3 10/3/12 EDD 6/17/13 Twins! Preston and Juliet b. 5/22/13

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Since DS was born and immediately intubated he has never been to breast, and I had to pump.  I just stopped pumping last week.  I have to give major credit to the moms that can do it.  3 1/2 months was extremely difficult and my supply just dried up tremendously.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I just stopped EPing. I hated every. single. second. of it. I am seriously amazed by people who do it for a year+. They are my heros.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I should be pumping right now, but I hate it that much. Nursing isn't much better for me either.
    imageimage
  • Options

imagesrthomas88:
    Since DS was born and immediately intubated he has never been to breast, and I had to pump.  I just stopped pumping last week.  I have to give major credit to the moms that can do it.  3 1/2 months was extremely difficult and my supply just dried up tremendously.

I had the same exact problem,because there were no growth spurts so to speak to up supply,and that's exactly when my supply tanked too.

Lilypie - (yNYF)

Lilypie - (bSes)

BFP 1 1/22/10 EDD 9/30/10 Adria b. 9/11/10 d.8/9/11, Transposition of the Great Arteries,

• Options
    imagestarrkitten89:

imagesrthomas88:

I had the same exact problem,because there were no growth spurts so to speak to up supply,and that's exactly when my supply tanked too.

It never really built up that well to begin with and then it started .dwindling.  One day I could only get about 20 ccs and I said goodbye to pumping.

• Options
    imagesrthomas88:
    imagestarrkitten89:

imagesrthomas88:

It never really built up that well to begin with and then it started .dwindling.  One day I could only get about 20 ccs and I said goodbye to pumping.

My supply never got too great either,but I was about there-once I started making 1/4oz at my AM pump when I used to get about 2-3oz at my morning pump session,I just stopped.

Lilypie - (yNYF)

Lilypie - (bSes)

• Options
    I've been pumping since 6 weeks and I'm starting to dry up.  I can't fight it anymore, I've got no fight left in me for it so I'm weaning over the next few weeks and just switching to formula.  I'm so ready to be done.
  • Options

imageKate621:
    I just stopped EPing. I hated every. single. second. of it. I am seriously amazed by people who do it for a year+. They are my heros.

I can't even imagine...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hunter never latched properly, so I started pumping and have been doing it ever since. Wednesday will make 4 months, and I have no immediate plans for stopping. My short term goal is 6 months, but if I'm still producing well at that point, I'll keep going as long as I can.. well, up to a year. I pump 4-5 times a day and normally make just enough to keep up with him. He gets a bottle of formula every now and then on the days he decides he's extra hungry.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

imagenikki368:
    Hunter never latched properly, so I started pumping and have been doing it ever since. Wednesday will make 4 months, and I have no immediate plans for stopping. My short term goal is 6 months, but if I'm still producing well at that point, I'll keep going as long as I can.. well, up to a year. I pump 4-5 times a day and normally make just enough to keep up with him. He gets a bottle of formula every now and then on the days he decides he's extra hungry.

Oh! I WISH... I pump 7 times a day to try and keep up with my little guy!  That is so great you are able to get enough with only 4-5!  I admit I am jealous..Confused

• Options
    I will admit that I am not an EP'er.  I BF at night, but since DS is sleeping pretty well and sometimes through the night, actual breastfeeding is once sometimes 2 times a day.  I pump 3 times (for 15-20 min) and get at least 30oz. so I have a nice freezer stash.  I've been doing this for about 2 months and there is no sign of supply issues.  My goal now is 6mos, but I just started back at work...We'll see what happens!
  • Options
    I've been EP since DS was 4 weeks! We had a lot of problems BF, so I did whatever I could to get him BM.  I have gone down to 4 times a day now, but I also have an oversupply b/c I get 10-13 oz every time I pump, which is only 15 min, each time, sometimes it takes less.  I have a huge freezer stash too! It is a PIA having to constantly wash everything, but I am trying to stick with it as long as possible since it doesn't look like I have any supply issues right now.
  • Options
    If I didn't have a dishwasher, I wouldn't have made it past 4 months probably.  By this Friday, I will have made it to my 6 month goal. Thank you God!  I have been constantly worrying about losing my supply overnight.  I also have had an oversupply, and that coupled with a big deep freezer, I am going to slowly stop pumping around 7 1/2 months (I have probably 4 months worth in the freezer).  I don't hate pumping at all, but it will be nice to not have to do it anymore. 
    photo 997d7ce2-9f44-4a90-b78f-0ddf5f488d41_zps82d963f4.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"