May 2011 Moms

2 hours of sleep at a time - going crazy!

So I have no idea if it is pregnancy or what - but no matter how exhausted I am - I wake up every 1.5 to 2 hours for about 30 or so minutes at a time.  Now don't get me wrong, Im a fortunate soul who isnt working so I can sleep when I feel like it so I get adequate sleep in the long run, but not getting any continuous sleep is making me groggy and tired constantly.

Is this my body somehow preparing me for when the baby is here?  Because it isnt funny, or necessary yet lol.  Ive got 15 more weeks to go!  Please tell me it gets better....

Re: 2 hours of sleep at a time - going crazy!

• I've been in  this awful phase for 2 months and for the last 2 nights I've only woken up ONCE! I'm hoping this sticks.....
  • A friend of mine at work told me that her baby (in her belly) would wake her up throughout the night at specific times. She said when he was born, those times lined up with when he would wake in real life.. weird eh?

I have a hard time staying asleep as well.  For me, its 4 am - about 5:30 that is bad.  I find that takign a bath before bed and drinking warm milk with vanilla helps me. Maybe you could try that :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • i've been taking benadryl most nights, and that really helps me stay asleep for at least half of the night.

**Kelly***

image image
    Visit The Nest!

• I hear this! Nights where I get a few hours straight are such a blessing (AND I'm on sleeping aids already!). *yawn*
  • I go to bed around 8:30 usually don't fall asleep until 9-10 and then wake up around 12 and 2 for 15-30 minutes.  Then I have to get up for the day around 5.  I am so tired I can barely function.  And some nights when I wake up around 2, I never do fall back asleep. 

I think I am going to benadryl it up tonight.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm up every 1.5-2 hours. It's been this way for months now.

I get up, I pee, i get a drink of water/milk, walk off some of my leg cramps/back pain. Sometimes i use a saline spray to unplug my nose, then i go back to sleep and repeat the whole process in 2 more hours.

At this point, I'm just used to it. I work day time, but my doctor has reduced my workload to no more than 8 hours a day 5 days a week (previous to that I was working 12+ hours daily and being called on the weekends too).

I work from home, when I need an hour or two off, I just tell my staff i'm signing off early and I get a couple of zzz's.

Wish there was an easy answer, but think of the bright side, when baby comes and starts waking you up every 2 hours for feeding, you'll be used to it? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"