Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Someone just gave us hand me down clothes

in sizes 5/6 and 6/7.  Uhmmm?  And her note said they were sitting in her kid's closet for 6 months and he probably wouldn't wear them next year.  And I want them sitting in my kid's closet for 5-6 years because.....
To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew

Re: Someone just gave us hand me down clothes

• Options
    It's the thought that counts? Wink
    Me: 30 DH: 30
    DD1: 8 (6/11/07)  DD2: 5 (6/15/10)
    BFP 10/13/2014 ... Natural M/C 10/25/14
    BFP...11/25/14! Grow Baby Grow! :)
    *our 3rd and our last*
    Repeat C/S scheduled for 7/29/15
  • Options
    This may come as a shock, but I bet in your city, there are some kids with worn out clothes that don't even fit them anymore, or some with only one shirt who wear a 5/6 or even a 6/7!  Problem solved, no need to let them sit for 5-6 years in an ungrateful closet!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageBurnNurse:
    This may come as a shock, but I bet in your city, there are some kids with worn out clothes that don't even fit them anymore, or some with only one shirt who wear a 5/6 or even a 6/7!  Problem solved, no need to let them sit for 5-6 years in an ungrateful closet!

Yes 

Me: 30 DH: 30
    DD1: 8 (6/11/07)  DD2: 5 (6/15/10)
    BFP 10/13/2014 ... Natural M/C 10/25/14
    BFP...11/25/14! Grow Baby Grow! :)
    *our 3rd and our last*
    Repeat C/S scheduled for 7/29/15
  • Options

imageBurnNurse:

She paid to mail them halfway across the country.  It would have been less frivoulous to just donate them to goodwill or salvation army to begin with.  That's all I'm going to do.

To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew
  • Options
    I had this happen too so I planned to donate them to charity so someone can use them now instead of letting them sit for so long.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My Boss does this to me ALL the time - her son is 4 1/2 and she gives me hand me downs that I'll probably forget about by the time DS can wear them - I don't even take the bags out of my car - I give them directly to Goodwill!
  • Options

wow. 

both my cousin and best friend gave me their sons hand me downs after DS was born.  i have clothes and shoes for him up to age six.  I organized them all by age and season and have them in giant rubbermaid containers in my basement.  I'm probably going to have to buy him 1/4 of the wardrobe I would have if I didn't have these gifts.  I am so grateful to have people in my life to have thought about saving and passing these items down. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BFP#1 10/26/09 EDD 7/4/10 Beautiful Baby Boy born 2 weeks late 7/16/10 BFP#2 8/23/11 EDD 5/11/12 Natural Miscarriage @ 6 weeks BFP#3 5/22/12 EDD 2/10/13 Stick Baby!
  • Options
    imageNicoleR524:

wow. 

both my cousin and best friend gave me their sons hand me downs after DS was born.  i have clothes and shoes for him up to age six.  I organized them all by age and season and have them in giant rubbermaid containers in my basement.  I'm probably going to have to buy him 1/4 of the wardrobe I would have if I didn't have these gifts.  I am so grateful to have people in my life to have thought about saving and passing these items down. 

Yes 

• Options
    I feel your pain. It is nice for people to give you clothes, but sometimes it's just not necessary. I have two girls, and honestly I try to use stuff from dd1, but everyone still buys dd2 clothes, including myself. As you said you would do, it is better to give those clothes to someone who can really make good use out of them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"