September 2011 Moms
Options

Can I complain...

for just a second? I live in Boston and I am from Maine, so I am used to snow and normally don't complain about it. And, while, I do choose to live here, can I just say that the snow disaster we have been experiencing these last few weeks is starting to get on my nerves?? I don't know what is wrong with this city, but snow removal is a serious problem. The sidewalks are treacherous and I fear that I am going to slip. And, now to have a total woe is me moment...my 1st ultrasound and appt with my dr. is this wednesday at 8:30 am and we are supposed to get a foot of snow and ice! :(

The doctor's office told me they won't close and that if I cancel I will have to wait a while because the dr. is booking far out. Ugh. DH is pissed. And, I just really want to see someone to reassure me because my m/s has been a nightmare, I have lost 5 lbs now, and nothing tastes good because I have a white tongue. 

I know this is all normal. But, does anyone else feel like they just need one normal day to maintain sanity??

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie - (hfj2)

Re: Can I complain...

• Options

My friend in the Boston burbs was just complaining about the same thing this morning with snow. She said her town has run out of snow removal budget. This winter has been so hard on everyone.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Natural complete miscarriage 3.16.11. Baby was 14 weeks 5 days. Meet you soon, little one.
  • Options
    Hugs to you lily, seems like you can't catch a break!
    ~ Josh & Jill, married 5/2/09 ~
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

lily-

I hear you completely! I am born and raised in Boston.  You would think we would be used to this.  I have no problem with the cold as long as there is snow on the ground, but foot after foot after foot after foot.....there is no where left to put it.  I agree with you I feel like all the snow removal budget is set for the Higways and main roads and not the side roads or sidewalks.  I had the trash guy yell at me this morning because he had to climb a snow bank....hi buddy the only other place i can put my trash is in the middle of the street.  What good would that do me.  We dont have a drive way so my only way out to my car is to walk 3 house down and walk back.  the snow bank is just to much to dig a path way. And I am supposed to be going to FL on Thursday!

• Options

Lily! 

You can complain all you want!  You are very right...the snow is out of control!  I grew up on the east coast and now live in the midwest.  I feel your pain...HUGS!  Hopefully the groundhog will have good news for us this week.

• Options

I'm in RI and I'm stressed about getting in and out of beantown tomorrow night for a concert.  DH is being a wuss about it, acting like we're about to get the storm of the century (he actually used that term).  I think maybe he's a little concerned about his preggo wife braving the storm to go to a noisy rock concert . . .

Lily, your u/s stress is way more serious than my concert concern!  Fingers crossed for you that the weather cooperates for you to get there on Wednesday morning!

• Options
    I live in Worcester and work in Somerville... the amount of snow is crazy. If it makes you feel better I have so much more snow at home then I do at work.. I don't know what we are going to do if we get another foot this week, both cities are already piled high. Its crazy!
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageJNKS2328:
    I live in Worcester and work in Somerville... the amount of snow is crazy. If it makes you feel better I have so much more snow at home then I do at work.. I don't know what we are going to do if we get another foot this week, both cities are already piled high. Its crazy!

I'm not far from where you live.  I heard we're getting close to 21" over the next three days... I think it's time to move. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    yet another beantown gal here to commiserate...this is getting absurd.  And apparently after wednesday's storm we have another one saturday!  They closed Davis Square to cars last night to do serious snow removal, but I know they are running low on funds to plow!  Thank God we have off street parking cause i have no idea what we would do!
  • Options

Complain away! I am in South Dakota, and while we haven't gotten as much snow as you have, it has snowed every.single.weekend since November. Our street is one of the last to get cleared, so it's usually Tuesday or Wednesday before we can drive our car. Luckily I live two blocks from work so I can just bundle up, and the school bus can get through to get the kids, but my little Honda just can't handle the drifts.

And since it's South Dakota, the wind never stops. Even when it's not bad in town, once you get out onto the interstate, it's a white out. Any chance of, say, visiting my mom or anything, is out of the question. Last time I went to the grocery store it took us two hours because we got stuck twice and had to dig and push the car out!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"