Multiples

Hospital Bag

What did you pack in your hospital bag?  I think I should start packing mine soon. I will be having a c-section so I will be in the hospital for a few days. Thanks ladies!

imageimage

Re: Hospital Bag

• I packed the following: toiletries, makeup (my husband thought I was crazy), hair products, undies, bras, slippers, socks, comfy outfit to go home in...I think that's pretty much it. I used the undies and gowns they give you at the hospital since I didn't want to get mine all bloody.

As for baby stuff: cute outfits to go home in and cute blanket if its cold. I think the hospital provides just about everything else.

Oh and most importantly...your camera!!! We forgot to bring our camera because I went in with a wierd side pain and did not think I was in labor, it turned out I was (at 34 wks). So I have no pictures from when they were born Crying Only from friends and family when they got to see the girls while they were taken from the OR to the nursery.

Hope this helps! 

• - laptop (charger)
    - camera (charger)
    - cell phone (charger)
    - pillow
    - slippers
    - bath towel
    - comfy pants that fall low (I wore gouchos that have no real elastic)
    - nursing tanks/shirts
    - baby outfits to go home
    - blankets to cover carseats while transporting them
    - toiletries

I too used the mesh undies bc they were comfy and I didn't want to get mine bloody.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Clothes/PJ's for me including nursing tanks (not a fan of the ugly hospital gowns).  make up, toiletries, baby clothes for the boys (everyone complains that they outgrow stuff so fast, why not have them use them at the hospital), Swaddle Me's for the twins (so much easier than regular blankets), camera, laptop (barely touched, you'll be too infatuated with your babies to spend much time on the computer), socks, slippers, Boppy,and my pillow, that might be it.  Don't worry about bringing blankets (the ones the hospital has are 10000x better than what you can buy from BRU IMO), undies (the stretchy mesh panties are heavenly whether you have a vaginal or c/s delivery), towels (I don't care how soft one is, you're not going to rub a towel vigorously around your body).  Honestly, you don't "need" anything other than your camera, the hospital will provide everything you need for baby and you. 
  • I overpacked, but here is what I really used:

My own toiletries

Target breastfeeding tanks--these are awesome--even though I never ended up breastfeeding--they fit great and I'm still wearing them.

Pages in the baby books for footprints

Camera and charger

Phone and charger

Maternity yoga pants and tee shirts

Flip flops

Going home footie jammies for the boys.

I used the abdominal binder, mesh undies and pads that the hospital provided.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimagemy read shelf:
    Melanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I overpacked, but here is what I really used:

My own toiletries

Target breastfeeding tanks--these are awesome--even though I never ended up breastfeeding--they fit great and I'm still wearing them.

Pages in the baby books for footprints

Camera and charger

Phone and charger

Maternity yoga pants and tee shirts

Flip flops

My own towel

Going home footie jammies for the boys.

I used the abdominal binder, mesh undies and pads that the hospital provided.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimagemy read shelf:
    Melanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • in addition to what everyone else said, pack snacks.  The cafeteria may not be open depending on when your deliver and if your nursing you will hungry in the middle of the night.  It was also good for my H, since they wouldn't let him order meals to the room and sometimes he didn't feel like going down to get anything.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Thanks everyone!!
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"