3rd Trimester
Options

PSA(I think) on Tums

So, I've posted a few times that I've been sick a lot the past few weeks. Throwing up, sick when I drink water and just over all have an incredibly "sour stomach." I know several women on here were posting about similar symptoms so I thought I'd share. For me, it's the Tums! I discovered my culprit. I'm not sure how I decided it was them, but when I eliminated them for a couple of days the nausea from water, the throwing up and just waking up with the upset stomach were gone. Now you're going to have to rely on other things for heartburn, and I'm doing just Zantax and papaya enzymes. They're not awesome, and they don't entirely cure the heartburn, but I'll take it over the awful nausea, vomiting and related headaches. So, if you've had similar symptoms and you don't think it's just the pregnancy, try eliminating the Tums if you're taking them and see if it helps. GL.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: PSA(I think) on Tums

• Options
    I have issues with TUMS at the end of my pg's too.  They give me acid reflux.
  • Options
    I took Tums twice this pregnancy, and threw them up right away both times.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good to know. I bought a costco size pack of tums because my city doesn`t carry rolaids anymore (not sure why). Maybe I`ll try something else for a few days.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Yeah, I accidentally ate something with wheat in it and I am gluten intolerant so I took some Tums to help with the stomach pains. I ended up puking in the sink soon after taking them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't been able to take Tums this whole pregnancy either - figured it was just me.  I threw them up so much that now just seeing the bottle makes me gag.  I usually couldn't even swallow them when I tried to take them, just the texture was enough to make me throw up.  I didn't think about  them possibly affecting other people this way, but my OB looked at me like I was crazy when I told her.  Glad to know I'm not totally crazy, haha.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"