March 2011 Moms

How many clothing items in each size?

We got a ton of clothes at our baby shower and from my sister's hand-me-downs this past weekend, and I spent part of the evening organizing them. I was just wondering how many outfits in each size range you have or plan on having. I'm sort of trying to determine at what point I will start returning clothes.

I have a handful of newborn items, about 10 items in 0-3 months, around 35-40 items between 3-9 months and a handful that go up to 12 months (some 6-12, some just straight up 12 months). 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How many clothing items in each size?

• It's hard to ever put an exact number on it unfortunately.  Just remember that early on, it's very likely that you could go through 3 or 4 outfits a day...between poop blowouts, spit-up, etc.  So if you don't want to do laundry every day, you'll want to have enough that lasts you through at least a few days. 

On average I'd say for each season/size of clothing with DS I had: 10-15 shirts/onesies, 5-10 pairs of pants.  I always tend to get a bunch of sleepers/pj's as well.  They're just so easy to do diaper changes in when baby is little...and they're comfy.  Even now, if DS is wearing jeans I always change him into pj's for naptime, so we go through a lot of those.

I have found that I need less for each season the older DS gets.  I very rarely have to change his clothes during the day now.

• I'm interested in this too, but for the opposite reason.  We barely got any clothes, so I need to know how much to buy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • DS had reflux and was a spitty baby but he always found a way to miss getting it on himself. He was 6 lb 12 oz when born so he spent 3-4 weeks in NB clothes. We had a couple of sleepers and a couple of outfits in NB but we mostly put him in 0-3 sleepers. He spent most of his first couple of months in sleepers because they were easy. We had around 10 sleepers and probably 10-15 outfits (onesies with pants) along with other various onesies and pants that could mix and match. I could have done with a lot less. It helped that we didn't every have diaper leak issues. I would take tags off just a few to start and then wash more if needed. I found that I always had more than I needed even though it didn't seem like I had all that much. 

• I'm planning on Kyle just wearing a lot of bibs and if I change outfits then I'll do that but also to get pictures in with his outfits so he can 'wear" them all.
  • This little girl has soo many clothes I don't even know what to do with?? I think I'm just going to wash a few and leave the tags on some so if she doesn't wear them I can return them for bigger sizes. I also have about 50 bibs so I'm not to worried about her getting her clothes dirty so much that I have to change her 3-4 times a day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • For those that think bibs will save the multiple clothing changes....think again!  Most of the clothing changes came from the other end for us :-)

We did sleepers mostly for 0-3 months, b/c the little outfits were a pain to change and not the most comfy for DS. We had about 10-12 of those.

We probably had 14 or so outfits in 3-6 and 6-9. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"