April 2011 Moms
Options

I'm loving this snowy winter!

Getting through the workday is really getting difficult. My classroom is three flights up from basically everywhere and I have to climb up and down countless times a day. We have an elevator that hasn't worked for about a month so even when it's fixed I'm staying out of it.

There have been so many snow days, delayed openings, and early closings this year. Any other year I would be annoyed about 2 lost snow days since soon they'll be cutting into our spring break. This year however I say use them all, send us in late and close up early because I need it!!

We just got a call about an early closing for tomorrow...woohoo!

Plus getting out of shoveling is nice too :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I'm loving this snowy winter!

• Options
    I say let it snow and let us have another snow day! I really don't care if we have another snow day and we lose a professional development day March 25th. I say 2 hour delay tomorrow and closing Wednesday. That would be awesome!
  • Options
    Just got an email from the supt. saying he will let us know by five if school is cancelled, and if not then a decision will be made by 9:30 if we are closing early.  Looks like another couple of snow days coming our way because there is absolutely no where left to put the snow!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree, there is no place for the snow to go and at this rate our front lawn will be covered with snow until early July.
  • Options

We have had one snow day so far and Syracuse is known as the snowball capital of the USA.  Guess they figure we can tuff it out because we should be use to it.  With this storm coming in tomorrow night and Wednesday I hope we get a snow day Wednesday and early release tomorrow.

Keeping fingers crossed for every one else who wants another snow day.

Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We still haven't had much snow around here, but all of the schools are closed tomorrow because... it's too cold...?  That's a new one for me.  The high for tomorrow is 2 below, so it is really effing cold, but we've never had school cancellations around here for temp before.  I heard that it's so cold that the deicer for the roads just won't work so it's too dangerous to drive.  Crazy.
  • Options
    I like being pregnant in the winter- no one asks me to shovel snow and before I leave work, someone usually cleans off my car for me :D
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

As a teacher I am so with you! I love snow days even more since having DD, but now that I'm pregnant with #2 it's extra awesome to relax and not be on my feet all day!

Unfortunately here in VA (just south of DC) we keep missing the big storms :( So frustrating! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"