Cloth Diapering

so sad - yeast rash - do I need to strip cd's?

I really was hoping that the switch to cd's would clear up all diaper and yeast rashes.  My son had a yeast rash about 2 months ago that we cleared up quickly, but now it is back and we have made the switch to cloth.  I now have him in a sposie with the treatment while he sleeps.  Do I need to do something differently with the diapers?  I just washed them this morning, but I think the redness started a bit last night.

Re: so sad - yeast rash - do I need to strip cd's?

• I would strip them and not put them back on him until the yeast has been gone for at least a week.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagesweetpea18:
    I would strip them and not put them back on him until the yeast has been gone for at least a week.
    anyone have any advice about how to strip?  I have been googling like crazy, but I use fuzzibunz and they say not to use bleach, but it seems like many mamas kept having recurrent yeast unless they use the bleach.  Anyone battle yeast without the use of bleach?
  • Loading the player...
  • I would really recommend bleach. I don't have fuzzibunz, but I have a variety of dipes-- prefolds, flips, bumgenius, grobaby--and have had to use bleach occasionally, and they hold up just fine. plus they come out brilliantly white which is always nice in the winter.

Otherwise your only hope is to turn your water heater up or boil water until it's SCALDING hot and  hope the yeast gets killed that way. DD has had a few yeast rashes and I always just used bleach because i really wanted to make sure they didn't return and i didn't trust our water to be hot enough to take care of it alone.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagejamdv3:

I would really recommend bleach. I don't have fuzzibunz, but I have a variety of dipes-- prefolds, flips, bumgenius, grobaby--and have had to use bleach occasionally, and they hold up just fine. plus they come out brilliantly white which is always nice in the winter.

Otherwise your only hope is to turn your water heater up or boil water until it's SCALDING hot and  hope the yeast gets killed that way. DD has had a few yeast rashes and I always just used bleach because i really wanted to make sure they didn't return and i didn't trust our water to be hot enough to take care of it alone.

thanks so much for the reply, I really want to get rid of the yeast so I think I might just have to go with the bleach, I just hope I don't ruin my whole new stashTongue Tied
  • You can use 20-30 drops of grapefruit seed extract in your HOT wash instead of bleach.  GSE will kill it.
    imageimage

TTC #1 Cycle 14 - IUI#1=BFN, IUI#2=BFP | TTC #2 Cycle 8=BFP!! imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"