August 2011 Moms

growing pains....what do yours feel like?

So I think a lot of us first timers are wondering if these twinges here and there are normal.  I would love to hear what some of your growing pains feel like and where they occur. 

Mine sometimes feel like stretching or pinching and sometimes I feel an acidic stomach pain if that makes any sense.  I have felt them low by the pelvic bone but a lot have been above the uterus and on my sides.  In the beginning I had weird sharp pains by my hip bones??  Some of these are no where near the baby, but the doctor says all is normal.

What do yours feel like and where are they?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: growing pains....what do yours feel like?

• When I stand quickly, I get dull pains/aches in my hip/pelvic area (Round ligament pain, I assume).  When I cough, it will sometimes feel like someone has stabbed me in the side/stomach...very painful.  And I have had a couple days (when I've been very active particularly) where I feel a major pain in my lower back/butt/hamstring (assume it's sciatica nerve pain).  Lots of fun little aches and pains.  As much as they're pains (literally), I love knowing that my body is making room for a growing baby!! :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm definitely having the issues with the hips and lower back. I do feel random twinges here and there too - all over my stomach are - but I'm not really sure how to describe them!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Glad you brought this up! I'm a first timer as well and I've been feeling what I've *assumed* were growing pains for a week or two. Mostly I feel sore in my lower abs like I've been doing situps (which I assure you I have not done in quite a while!) Most of the time it's more to the side and down low around my hips. Very minor aches, but I thought I'd ask my OB about it anyway at my next appointment. I'm trying to go with the flow and not become a crazy pregnant lady!Big Smile
  • Hmm.. good question. Mine has been just being uncomfortable.. like my uterus is sort of "cramping." I did have sciatic nerve pain earlier, but it's been gone for a while now.
    cai(o)&cullen+ahk
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would call it uncomfortable like light light cramps too. But I've also had sharp pains near my right hip bone. And strangely (and perhaps TMI) I've had sharp zaps of pain just inside of me throughout my pregnancy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My pains have been stretching/cramping feeling... like someone else said when I cough it's sort of a sharp stabbing.  I've been feeling LOTS of these pains in the last 24 hours..I'm glad someone posted, it's hard not to worry when you're a first timer.
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Oh yes....I've had some strange twinges of pain here and there..and some lower back pain last week....but mostly my hips were killing me over the weekend... it was both mornings when I'd wake up they were very achy and it lasted most of the day. Going up and down the stairs at work was slowwww going. Today was much better just a little sore on the left side. This is my first pregnancy, so I have nothing to compare it too...but not sure how I feel about the hips expanding later on...they are already wide enough as it is....lol 
  • imageSethandMelissa:
    I would call it uncomfortable like light light cramps too. But I've also had sharp pains near my right hip bone. And strangely (and perhaps TMI) I've had sharp zaps of pain just inside of me throughout my pregnancy.

This but on the left side.  I actually called the doctor yesterday just to calm myself!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"