Infertility
Options

hysteroscopy update (long)

First I need to give a big thank you to ladychicago.  My DH had a trial today and between prepping 8 witnesses and picking a jury there was no way that he could take the day off.  LC knew how much this procedure meant to me and she waiting in the waiting room all morning for me and drove me home.  I could not feel more grateful for this IF board because without it I never would have met her and made such an amazing friend. 

So during the procedure, my doctor found that my cervix was very very tight.  This may be why I haven't had a normal period in such a long time.  So he stretched it out.  Secondly he completely scraped away my lining.  So as of today I am starting with a brand new lining and hopefully this one will get nice and thick each month. 

I woke up from the procedure crying and in a lot of pain.  The anestheologist gave me more pain meds and the nurse gave me 2 extra strength tylenol  Thankfully it helped.  I have never felt pain like that before.  

When I finally felt ready to get up the nurse told me to be prepared for bleeding and that it is normal.  Well as soon as I stood up I started gushing blood.  I was leaving puddles of blood on the floor as I went into the bathroom and completely filled the toilet with blood.  I was so incredibly scared and almost passed out and also felt like I was going to throw up due to the pain meds.  Thankfully two nurses came in and helped me out and I was back to laying down with a cold washcloth over my face. 

About 30 minutes later I started to feel better and they wheeled me out to ladychicago in a wheelchair.  This was definitely a traumatizing experience this morning.  Thankfully the staff at my clinic was extremely caring and nice and took very very good care of me. 

I got home at about 12:00 and I just woke up a little bit a go.  I am still spotting but it is not so bad anymore.  

I am hoping that everything he did today will help me get that BFP.  Next step is the clomid challenge and OAR testing and then onto IVF #3.  I am so ready to get knocked up! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: hysteroscopy update (long)

• Options
    Oh hon, I'm sorry it was so awful.  But so glad that LC could be there with you.  Rest up.  I think a BFP is coming your way! :)
    TTK 9/06 / TTC 10/08 / Twins 12/11 / Life Blog
    5 REs + 3 surgical hysteroscopies for septum/lap + 3 failed IUIs
    IVF w/ICSI/AH & acu = BFP!, unexplained spontaneous m/c @ 8w2d (our little girl),
    FET w/acu = BFP!, B/G twins!, lost MP @19w, dx w/funneling cervix @20w,
    twins nearly lost to IC @21w, saved by rescue cerclage, 17P & 16w of bedrest
    Our twins born @36w4d via CS when A came foot first

Thankful for every day

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Yay for LC! She is so wonderful! I'm glad she took such good care of you today :)

I know I already told you this but I'm totally hoping this is EXACTLY what you need to get your BFP! That nice, fresh lining...perfect! 

Rest up sweetie, and take care of yourself! I'm sorry it was so traumatizing! :( Are you off of work for a few days to recuperate? 

THINKING OF YOU!  

TTC #1 since June 2008 *SAIFW*

TI, IUIs, IVF = c/ps and BFNs

• Loading the player...
  • Options

OMG hon, how traumatizing! So glad Ladychicago was there (tell her hi)! If I lived in the area, I would've definitely taken you myself!

Hope you are getting plenty of rest for a speedy and hopefully painless recovery! So glad to hear that all went ok and sending you lots of T&P's.

Keep me posted on #3!

• Options
    imagemadelyn07:

Are you off of work for a few days to recuperate? 

I am planning on going back to work tomorrow.  They are saying that starting tomorrow afternoon into Wednesday morning we are supposed to get something like 15-22 inches of snow.  So I am hoping to get a snow day on Wednesday!

thank you for checking up on me today xoxo

• Options
    imageMrs.P7/15/06:
    imagemadelyn07:

Are you off of work for a few days to recuperate? 

I am planning on going back to work tomorrow.  They are saying that starting tomorrow afternoon into Wednesday morning we are supposed to get something like 15-22 inches of snow.  So I am hoping to get a snow day on Wednesday!

thank you for checking up on me today xoxo

don't over do it, ok? you've been through a lot!! 

TTC #1 since June 2008 *SAIFW*

TI, IUIs, IVF = c/ps and BFNs

• Options
    I hope you're feeling better soon and am so glad LC was there for you. GL on a successful procedure !
    +++
  • Options
    Gawd, that sounds SO awful, especially all of the bleeding, that would be so scary!! Get lots of rest and cheers to ladychicago for going with you!! Can't wait for you to be knocked up!!
  • Options

how nice of ladychicago!!

that sounds like an awful experience - i'm so sorry you had to go through it.  i really, really hope it does bring you that bfp!!

S/PAIFW
    Tara & Dave - TTC since September 2006
    PCOS - dx 1999 (amenorrhea) | freakishly long fallopian tubes
    Hypoglycemic | thyroid issues | severely anemic
    Multiple Clomid cycles of 50, 100, 150 - absolutely no response
    Follistim 50/100 | Follistim 75/125 | Follistim 100/150 IUI - all BFNs
    Converted IVF - BFP - m/c | FET - BFN | IVF #2 = BFN
    IVF #3
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that your experience was so scary, but I'm hoping this is exactly what you need to get that BFP!!! Take it easy and get lots of rest! Hope you feel better soon
    MoM to twins!! L & O born 11/29/10
  • Options

imagealtee9:
    Sorry to hear that your experience was so scary, but I'm hoping this is exactly what you need to get that BFP!!! Take it easy and get lots of rest! Hope you feel better soon

thank you hon!  I miss you!  I hope you and the boys are doing well

• Options
    I'm so sorry it was so painful and traumatic.  It sounds truly awful!  I'm glad LC was there to support you.  Prayers for a quick recovery and a BFP very soon!
    TTC with DOR, low morphology, fertilization issues
    IVF#1 Oct 2009 (CCRM) - BFN
    IVF#2 March 2010 - Poor response/cancelled
    DE IVF#1 Aug 2010 - BFN
    DE IVF#2 Dec 2010 - Transferred 1, 2 frozen - BFP!
    TTC#2 FET Jan 2013 - Transferred 1 - BFP!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    OMG, sweetie, what an awful experience! I am glad you are home and feeling better. And LC is awesome :)
  • Options
    I have been thinking about you all day, hon! I am so glad I could help. And I am glad to hear the bleeding has slowed and you got a great nap. Take care of yourself and go easy tomorrow!
    Brought to you by IVF, ICSI, limited fert, and oocyte cryopreservation.
    Because we're fancy like that.

• Options
    Sorry it was painful! I hope you continue to feel better!
  • Options
    Im sorry you were in so much pain! But I really hope this does the trick!
  • Options
    So scary!!!  I am hoping this brings good news for you in the future!!
  • Options
    That is so Sweeto of LC.  I am sorry you had to go through that, but it sounds like you are definitely moving closer towards your BFP!
    May 06: Natural PG= m/c, July 09: TI= m/c, November 09: TI=BFN, December 09: IUI= c/p
    IVF#1: start stims 1/26; ER 2/8; ET 2/13= BFN; FET#1: May 2010= m/c *NEW CLINIC Jan 2011* IVF#2: start stims 1/12; ER 1/22; ET 1/27= BFN; IVF#3: TBD
    ~SAIFW/PAIFW~
  • Options

I'm sorry you had such a rough time.   

I hope this is what you needed for your lining to be thicker.   Can't wait for your

IVF #3!!

And so sweet of ladychicago!  I remember her from when she was first pg.

I hope you are pain-free now and able to rest up  

Surprise BFP after 5 yrs of TTC
  • Options
    Oh sweetie that sounds awful! I'm glad LC could be there and that you are home resting now.
    TTC with severe MFI since 9/08 IVF w/ ICSI #1 May/June 2010= BFP twins
    Callan George and Bennett Charles born and died 11/7/10
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    FET #1 April 2011= BFN
    FET #2 July 2011= no transfer because my lining sucked
    FET #3 February 2012= BFP! 1st beta 9dp5dt=314 2nd beta 11dp5dt=977 1st U/S 3/20 Twins- Heart rates of 111 and 138 Pregnancy Ticker
    Living After Losing
  • Options
    Well that sounds horrible, but I hope it does the trick!  Good luck with lucky #3!

After 2+ years and multiple treatment cycles,
    including an IVF vacation in Costa Rica/Panama,
    IVF #2 brought us our miracle baby!

Surprise!  Baby Boy is on the way!

• Options

That was so nice of LC! I agree that one of the positives of IF (and there are very few) is that I have met some wonderful women on this board.

So sorry that the hysteroscopy was so awful.  ((Hugs))  I really hope that it was what you needed to get a great lining and a BFP!

• Options

Oh A...I'm so sorry you had such a traumatic experience.  I really think this might just do the trick for you!  As you know, I basically had the same thing done on January 10.  So, maybe our RE's are both on to something!  That's awesome that LC was there for you.  You are such a supportive person and the fact that someone would be there for you IRL just goes to show how awesome you are!

Be sure to take care of yourself and don't over do it.  I'll be doing a Snowday dance for you to have a day of R&R on Wednesday.  Gotta love living in the MId West.

Take care of yourself hun,  (hugs)

After DX- IF 1996-16 years old; IVF 1 5/2009 BFP! ;MC- 8 W6d- 6/2009
    DX w/ Protein S Deficiency and unexplained thin lining
    Multiple D&C's, Hysterscopy for removal of Scar Tissue, Endometrial Biopsy, 3 BFN FETs, including a year of cancelled due to lining issues (ranging 4.5 to 6.4),
    Procedure of arcuate uterus, Shocking lining development...9.2.
    Moved on to adoption 3/2011
    Homestudy approved! 6/27/2011
    Forever matched! 7/17/2012
    Precious baby boy born 7/30/2012
    SAIF & PAIF Always Welcome
  • Options

Oh hun, that sounds like no fun at all. I had a tight cervix too and I can only imagine how painful that must have been. Take good care of yourself tonight and tomorrow! Do you at least get a snow day tomorrow to recover? I hope so!

(((hugs)))

Oh, and you're right. LC is the best! 

• Options

wow, that sounds scary cutie, glad you are feeling better

((HUGS))

i hope this leads to sticky BFP!!

and LC is a sweety

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, It empties today of its strength. ~Corrie ten Boom
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ~Mary Anne Radmacher (thank you beadinglady)

It's been a long journey. TTC since 9/06. multiple IUI's and IVF's and 4 m/c's. IVF#3 = BFP, twins, induced at 34w6d due to baby b passing away (no explanation). Delivered on 35w1d, Baby A - baby girl, and Baby B - baby boy, our little angel.
    MTHFR A1298C & C677T, Immune Issues and Factor II
  • Options

I'm so sorry it was so painful!

T&Ps that it was just what your body needs to bring you your sticky bfp!  Rest up :)

SAIFW
    TTC since 2008 dx PCOS & MFI
    Clomid/Femara no "O"
    IVF #1 BFN
    FET #1 cancelled for biopsy
    FET #1.2 c/p, July 2012 c/p
    IUI #1 & 1.2 canceled
    IVF #2 ER 12/1, Freeze all due to OHSS
    FET #2.1 cancelled due to DVT risk, FET #2.2 Jan 2013
    my blog
  • Options
    So sorry you had such a painful experience. Hoping you get a bfp soon.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• Options

Oh my gosh, that sounds so awful and scary!!! I truly hope this is exactly what your body needed to get your MUCH DESERVED BFsP!!!

Thinking of you and sending truck loads of hugs and healing vibes!!

Crohn's resulting in colectomy with J-Pouch surgery in 2000/2001.
    TTC since August 2008
    IVF#1: BFFN; IVF#2: BFN; FET with new RE: BFN
    IVF#3: ER 1/15; ET 1/20; Beta#1 1/29: 339!
    Twins girls born via c/s at 37w/3d!!
    "Let it go, this too shall pass."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"