May 2011 Moms
Options

2nd time moms - post pregnancy belly bands?

Has anyone used a post pregnancy belly band before? Would you recommend others getting one? I heard about these and wasn't sure if it was something that actually worked or not.. If you did use one and it worked, which one did you buy and where did you buy it from?

Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 2nd time moms - post pregnancy belly bands?

• Options
    I loved mine and the hospital gave it to me.
    "Right beside you is where I belong... from this moment on." imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I had a Medela one from Babies R Us. For me, it was a waste of money-it would bunch up and didn't ever stay in place {I'd often find it just scrunched under my boobs}. It was a velcro kind designed for PP. For support I ended up going with the huge sucker-inner panties that were cheapo from WalMart.

FWIW I just read that celebrities wear 2 of these under their gowns because it sucks you in tightly. I may try it out! =)

Oh and I delivered vaginally so the PP support was just more to help suck me in. Not the same as if I'd had a C-section.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I swear by the Belly Bandit.  I wore it religiously for the first month pp (no c-section) and my stomach was back to normal by 6 weeks (about).  I tell everyone to get one!  They are pricey, but worth it!  I had two- one was the regular one, which was nice and tight but not as comfy and the other was the bamboo version which was much softer.  I usually used it for sleeping.  I will definitely try again this time.  Most people say it's much harder to bounce back after number two, so my fingers are crossed!  I would try it though- definitely worth a try!

BTW- you will need help getting it on.  I would lie down on it and hold one side and my hubby would pull over the other side so that it would velcro straight without any bunches and so that it was tight enough.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"