Babies: 0 - 3 Months

how long does your lo sleep at night?

So my 8 week old still gets up every two hours at night. Is this normal? My DS was only 4 pounds 8 oz when he was born at full tern because i had IUGR he is up to 8 pounds 5 oz now so i thought he would sleep better at this point. Just curious how normal this still was. What did you ladies do to get your little one to sleep longer at night time?

Re: how long does your lo sleep at night?

• How much is your LO up during the daytime?  When DS is up for a good portion of the day, he will eat like a mad man in the evening (around 8pm-11pm) and then will sleep for about 5 hours before the next feeding.  Then he's up every 2.5 to 3 hours after that to eat his usual 3 oz.
    FET to TTC #2: 9/29/14 Beta on 10/8/14 = BFP!
    DS #1 Born 1/3/11 after IVF #1
    4 failed IUIs, including 1 CP
    PCOS
    TTC since 2008

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker

• He goes down between 7:30-9pm, sleeps till 4 or 4:30am, then sleeps till 7am, occasionally will fall right back to sleep again until 9am
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers We're Finally Three

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Cassie has read 1 books toward her goal of 50 books.
    hide
  • Loading the player...
  • he is usully up for about two hours in the morning then two hours in the afternoon then maybe an hour or so in the evening. He pretty much eats every two hours during the day also. We have decided to have him sleep in his own room so maybe that will help. He normally sleeps on my chest at night and i think he wakes up more due to that. Because he will only eat for  maybe 10 min and then falls asleep. 
  • My little guy usually has 1 - 4 hr stretch, and then 2 more 2 - 3 hr stretches.  I have no ideas on what would help him sleep longer, I think it's just time.  I've found that he sleeps about the same no matter how well/poor his naps are during the day.  Even one evening when he napped from 3 - 10pm, he still slept from 11 - 2:30am.  He's about 12.5 lbs.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DS has been doing a 5hr stretch, a 4-4.5hr stretch, and then a 3hr stretch.  He goes down around 8:30 and is up for the day around 8am.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD usually sleeps two stretches of 4 hours.
    image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • DS is a crappy daytime sleeper but an awesome night time sleeper...he'll sleep an 8-9 hour stretch, eat and then back down for 2-4 hours.

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• I hate some of you.  j/k...

My DD sleeps allll day despite my efforts to entertain her and keep her up.  She will go down to sleep for 2 to 3 hour stretches starting anywhere from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM, waking to feed and be changed in between.  Usually at 2:30 AM she is wide awake and protests when I try to put her back down, so the only way for me to get any sleep is to bring her into our bed.  Basically she has her days and nights mixed up and as a result I now have my days and nights mixed up too.   We are trying to keep lights on/tv etc on during the day, white noise and dark room at night.  She hates being fully swaddled so I have her arms left free at night, no swaddle at all during the day (when she sleeps the best of all).  Ugh.

• My DS isn't a great sleeper. He doesn't nap enough during the day, despite my best efforts (he's a cat napper). He'll go down to bed between 8-9 usually and sleep about 3-3.5 hours (once in a blue moon we get 4), then he's usually up every 2 hours after that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS sleeps 6 hour stretches at night, and he is 9 weeks old today. BUT I think he's not the norm--DD didn't sleep longer stretches at night until 4 months at least...
    Mom to J (10), L (4), and baby #3 arriving in July of 2015
  • Sleeps for 11 hrs with one feeding at around 3/4 am.

Don't keep your LO up for hours and hours in the daytime to get them to sleep longer at night. It will backfire. Look at my siggy for optimal awake time lengths between daytime naps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Down for the night at 6:30pm and up again at 12:30 to eat and then up again at 4:30 to eat again. Up for the day between 6:30 and 7:30am.
  • He is at about 6-7 hours at night now. Now that I am back at work, I am PRAYING he will last until about 5am when we have to get up! I  have tried to "super-feed" before bed, but he still wakes up. He is a monster at 14 lb 5 oz so I'm pretty sure that he would survive through the night ;)
  • About 8 hours if I let him.  He will sleep about 11 pm-7 am if I don't need him to get up earlier for me to go to work/school.  Usually though I wake him up about 5:30 to nurse before I leave.  According to DH, he then sleeps again until about 10 am.
  • My LO will usually give us 1 3-4 hour stretch then its every 2 hours to nurse & sometimes less between 4am-7am. I have asked pedi about this & she says that he just needs to grow. My LO was early as well & is on the small side (9lbs at 2mo checkup). Pedi said that "statistics" show babies usually start to sleep longer between 11-13lbs when they are full, some babies will start when they weigh less than that but 11-13lbs is the average to get those 5-6 hour stretches. Unfortunately I don't think there is anything we can do to get them sleeping longer. I will say from my experience with LO #1, "forcing" them to stay up during the day is NOT the answer to get them sleeping better/longer at night. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Generally from the moment the eyes close until around the time that they open.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"