Pregnant after a Loss

Falling down sucks

I work nights so I basically NEVER get up early. But today I decided to get up and be productive. MH and I went out to run some errands together and our first stop was HR at my work (hospital) to get my FMLA papers. I got about 5 feet from the car, somehow twisted my ankle on the curb and fell on my side in the freaking parking lot. 

Since we were literally at the hospital I went right over to OB triage. I was a crying mess. The baby was monitored for several hours, they did an ultrasound to look at the placenta and did some bloodwork to see if I needed more Rhogam (I didn't). I spent about 5 hours at the hospital on an uncomfortable stretcher. Baby and placenta are both looking good. She is moving normally and I have my doppler here for reassurance. My ankle, OTOH, has had better days. It's huge and blue. :( I am so done with getting up early. It's back to a night schedule for me!

p

Re: Falling down sucks

• I'm sorry about the fall! DH just got his cast taken off after breaking his ankle, slipping in a parking lot also.

Good to hear that your LO is doing well!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Ouch I'm sorry.  I'm glad LO is doing well.  Rest that ankle.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Every night I prayed for you. Then when you were in my belly, I prayed harder. Now that you're in my arms, I pray even harder.
  • Loading the player...
  • Ugh, I hope your ankle feels better and so glad the baby is ok.  I fell around 7 months and tore up my knee so bad I couldn't wear a dress to my shower and just thought why fall now when it could do so much damage. 
    Brenna Married 4.30.05

Mom to Teagan 4.11.07 and Cora 9.30.11

imageLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

D&E @ 22w 9.30.09 CMV infection BFP 10.15.10 C/P 4w4d

• Glad LO is okay, sorry about your ankle! 
    ***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks guys. I passed out on my couch right after I posted - it was a stressful day! I still can't believe I did this! Baby still seems ok though. I am so happy I have a doppler. At the hospital they didn't even look at my ankle, unfortunately, so I guess I'll have my PCP take a look at it in the morninig and prob. give me a note for work. I am barely mobile. :(
    p
  • That sounds so scary!  I'm so sorry for you and your LO that you had to go through this.  I hope the rest of your pregnancy is uneventful.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"