Babies on the Brain

Because it's slow

What's your thoughts on this BG debate?

LSS: Mom and child are walking through the food court and they end up bumping into a lady holding hot soup. Soup spills on child, resulting in 2nd degree burn on arm.

I'll let you catch up on the rest. Warning: It's 17 pages...

Warning: Bring Your Own Tissues...
imageimageimage Sushi Sister to Meg 'n' Eric
"I love glitterfarts and pregnant unicorns." ~ Tim'sWifey
"Pregnancy is a beautiful thing, a natural thing, and how dare you degrade it with your yuppie wanna be rapper and his rhymes." ~ Melaneigh
"Keep your eyes wide open before marriage, and half shut afterwards." Benjamin Franklin

Re: Because it's slow

• Accidents happen... nobody was negligible, as far as I can tell. I only read the first page though.
  • So the lady holding the soup is at fault because they bumped in to her while she was holding said soup? Hmm So note to self, do not hold hot soup in a public place because someone might bump in to me.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageLe Olive:
    Accidents happen... nobody was negligible, as far as I can tell. I only read the first page though.

Agreed. It's reminding me of the hot coffee lawsuit at McDonalds...

High-risk L&D nurse...If in doubt, go to triage!

Trevor Calvin 12.10.07 7:26pm 7lbs2.5oz 19.75in

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Emerson Claire 07.07.11 11:34am 7lbs7oz 20.5 in

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• imagebensbabe:

imageLe Olive:
    Accidents happen... nobody was negligible, as far as I can tell. I only read the first page though.

Agreed. It's reminding me of the hot coffee lawsuit at McDonalds...

There is reference to that in later pages.

"Pregnancy is a beautiful thing, a natural thing, and how dare you degrade it with your yuppie wanna be rapper and his rhymes." ~ Melaneigh
    "Keep your eyes wide open before marriage, and half shut afterwards." Benjamin Franklin
  • LOL, shes going to try to make the mall "ban" hot soup from the food court.
  • Sorry your kid got hurt. Watch where you're going next time. The end. She sounds like a winner. 
    imageimageimage
  • The employees at the Korean restaurant are negligent because they don't speak english. ::eyes roll so hard they fall out of sockets::
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLe Olive:
    LOL, shes going to try to make the mall "ban" hot soup from the food court.

And hot drinks near the playground.  Personally, I love picking up a latte and taking my DD to the mall playground.

I don't think anyone was negligent.  I wonder how this even happened.  Did the lady really bump into her or was it the other way around?  Maybe the mother was being negligent by letting her 16 month old walk around where other people are carrying trays of hot food?  Maybe she couldn't see the baby and the mall should ban trays since they can decrease visibility of children that may be in the mall?  Obviously the restaurant should be sued because they were not adequately trained on how to give medical assistance to toddlers and didn't speak much English.

DD: 04/09 TTC#2 since 10/09 Dx: PCOS w/IR M/c #1: 07/10 M/c #2: 09/10 M/c #3: 03/11
  • Indifferent
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • WTF, who the eff makes soup so hot to scald an arm that bad? No body's at fault though.
  • imageMrs.Rotty:
    WTF, who the eff makes soup so hot to scald an arm that bad? No body's at fault though.

That question was answered too, lol. I've never worked in the fast food industry, but apparently soup has to be 165 F in order to be served. Which, clearly, can do quite a bit of damage.

• imageChatham2007:

imageMrs.Rotty:
    WTF, who the eff makes soup so hot to scald an arm that bad? No body's at fault though.

That question was answered too, lol. I've never worked in the fast food industry, but apparently soup has to be 165 F in order to be served. Which, clearly, can do quite a bit of damage.

This..children's skin burns at much lower temps than adults. Water heaters are to be set no higher than 120 in houses with kids. Food has to be 160 to kill whatever might be in the meat or whatever. It would easily burn the girl's arm like that. What's dumb is the girl can't take any responsibility for herself and has blamed everyone from the mall, to the lady, to the food place, to the location of the play area etc. My money says the mom wasn't watching her kid and the kid ran into the lady and got burned OR mom wasn't paying attention and they bumped each other. So stupid. I hate sue happy idiots like that. From all the other posts she clearly is seeing $$ out of this. I feel sorry for the lady that spilled the soup. She tried to help and still this money hungry chick wants to sue her. :(

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ok I just registered for BG just to see the original post. This idiot has pot leaves all over her page and looks super klassy. Now the money hungry thing makes sense. Ugh. WHYYYY did I join that train wreck? I don't need to see this crap.
  • imageprincess101:
    Ok I just registered for BG just to see the original post. This idiot has pot leaves all over her page and looks super klassy. Now the money hungry thing makes sense. Ugh. WHYYYY did I join that train wreck? I don't need to see this crap.

SurpriseSurpriseSurpriseSurpriseSurprise

She was biiitching that she is now 20 bucks short for her rent this month beause she had to pay OOP for the med supplies. Translation: Can't get her bag of dope now.

• imageChatham2007:

imageprincess101:
    Ok I just registered for BG just to see the original post. This idiot has pot leaves all over her page and looks super klassy. Now the money hungry thing makes sense. Ugh. WHYYYY did I join that train wreck? I don't need to see this crap.

SurpriseSurpriseSurpriseSurpriseSurprise

She was biiitching that she is now 20 bucks short for her rent this month beause she had to pay OOP for the med supplies. Translation: Can't get her bag of dope now.

Well, state medical insurance only covers hospital bills and likely not the bandages and ointment. If you're $20 short on rent because of having to buy bandages one month that's a bigger issue. 

• imageChatham2007:

imageMrs.Rotty:

i was not aware. 

• imageMrs.Rotty:
    imageChatham2007:

imageMrs.Rotty:

i was not aware. 

::shurgs:: Me either, lol.

I'll be damned. BG taught me something tonight!

• imageChatham2007:
    imageMrs.Rotty:
    imageChatham2007:

imageMrs.Rotty:

i was not aware. 

::shurgs:: Me either, lol.

I'll be damned. BG taught me something tonight!

::insert twilight zone music::

• Chatham, I love that you search BGG and give us endless entertainment from it!! Yes It never ceases to amaze me what they come up with over there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"