March 2011 Moms
Options

Ahhh....nesting+dog hair

I am having a really hard time dealing with this for some reason. I want to clean and I see dog hair all over everything. My dog started shedding about a week and a half ago and I feel bed that I am freaking out so bad but I have vacumed and vacumed and still I feel all crazy about it. DH is havinga hard time dealing with me about it. Any suggestions?

Re: Ahhh....nesting+dog hair

• Options
    Get a Furminator... we have one and love it... https://www.furminator.com/
  • Options

imageuofeyefreak:
    Get a Furminator... we have one and love it... https://www.furminator.com/

that looks great! I want one! I love that is has an ejector button so you dont have to pick the fur out to clean it. I'm seriously getting one!  My 2 dogs (one more so than the other) have been shedding like crazy lately!  We just bought a new rug because I was so insane about it.  We have dark hardwood floors and had a dark area rug, and a white dog  Indifferent  By the time I was done vaccuuming, i'd have to start again! We got a beige area rug so I won't lose my mind!  Must be the season or something... but I don't remember my dogs shedding like this in the winter before!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The furminator looks cool, or really any de-shedding brush from the pet store works wonders.  I have a Shetland Sheepdog and this dog sheds like crazy! He is the best dog ever so I deal with it, but now that I'm in nesting-mode it drives me nuts if I don't de-shed him once a week. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The furminator conditioner helps with our dogs shedding too :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Our Fur-babies: Oliver, Leela, & Neville Our Puppies
  • Options

I have 2 great pyrenees and for some reason I still buy tons of black/ dark things.  There is always hair everywhere year round.  Fortunately the hair bothers DH more than me, so he usually takes care of it.

Gotta love those hairy dogs though! 

• Options
    I have a lab mix that sheds a TON!!! I swear by the furminator, it is a little pricey but totally worth it. I also try to bath her once a week (she has allergies too so that's what our vet recommends). I still have to vacuum often but I feel your pain it's like never ending. I love her too much though!!
    BFP 7/17/12 DD#1 3/10/10 BFP 3/26/12 Natural MC 4/11/12 #2 Due 3/30/12
  • Options
    I completely understand. We have a lab and I hate seeing his white hair all over everything! It used to not bother me as much but now it drives me crazy. I stand behind a furminator, but more than that, we have been feeding a raw diet and he seems to shed a lot less. Also, we use a shampoo (not the furminator shampoo) that is supposed to pull hair out and do somthing to help him shed less. If it helps, research has shown that babies who are exposed to dog hair are less likely to have asthma.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    sounds interesting.. I have Boxers and they shed too,, but I also just deal with it... vacuum about once a week, maybe twice,, but not sweating the small stuff
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"